Anyone interested in flying someone to WY?

Way back when OKH was owned and operated by Harbor Air, I ran a bill for fuel and paid when the office was open, one day the airline was getting a 135 compliance inspection and the FSDO people were on the field and in the office I went in to pay my bill.

The young Lady at the counter looked at my account and saw there was a $100 credit added the day prior, I asked by who, she said Judge ____ . the Inspector looked up and asked If I was a commercial pilot? I said no, and then he asked why I was being paid for flying? I said who said the credit was for flying? He thought about that for a few seconds then went back to work.

It simply isn't worth their time unless some one is whining.

I'm tellin' ya... put the Chief Counsel on speed dial. They run the FAA now. :)

Good luck going shopping in Pinedale. :D

Ok, that's a bit of an inside joke. I have been there too often. They do have a nice library and rec center and you could visit the Museum of the Mountain Man...

Hey....Be nice.:D..

You can always go to Falers, since it is the ONLY place to buy anything.;)....

Just last week I took a tower controller for a lap around the Jackson Hole valley. I try to do this for every new guy /gal so they can see and appreciate the pilots perspective of coming in here.. 100% of them really love the flights and us pilots gain a new friend in the tower...

Did the controller offer to pay:dunno:... NO

Did I suggest they pay :dunno:.. No

If I am out for dinner somewhere, someday and they happen to be there and offer to buy me food, will I say ok... You bet I will.:yesnod::yesnod::yes:...

Last edited:
So here's a question then.

A buddy of mine calls me up and asks me if I am flying on Sunday. I didn't really have plans to do it, but he wants to take his girlfriend on a plane ride. And I thought to myself "You know, Sunday's weather is good, flying in fall is great, I would definitely like to go on a flight myself". So, if buddy offers to pay his share, it should be legal, no? After all, I wanted to go as well, not like I thought "Fine, fine, I will take you on a stupid plane ride. But I better get something out of it".
No, it isn't legal, since it evinces a willingness to take passengers any time they want for compensation. Beyond that, see my post above about trees in forests.

Just last week I took a tower controller for a lap around the Jackson Hole valley. I try to do this for every new guy /gal so they can see and appreciate the pilots perspective of coming in here.. 100% of them really love the flights and us pilots gain a new friend in the tower...

Did the controller offer to pay:dunno:... NO

Did I suggest they pay :dunno:.. No

If I am out for dinner somewhere, someday and they happen to be there and offer to buy me food, will I say ok... You you bet I will.:yesnod::yesnod::yes:...
You got the right idea.

So, I would love to fly your friend to Wyoming. But I can't.

Back