Anyone in the St. Louis/Creve Coeur area? Want to fly

redshift

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Red Shift
Apologies if this is not the appropriate forum to ask, but does anyone live or have experience flying in the St. Louis area? Specifically the St. Charles/Creve Coeur area? I recently moved to this area from Texas and am looking to get a pilot's license (currently have a sport pilot -- all in a J3, but haven't flown since 2012!). Also, I have a buddy that wants to get his pilot license.

Any advice on local airports and/or flying communities we could visit would be greatly appreciated. We are both pretty new to the area and don't have any connections.

Thanks!

Looks like St Charles Flying Service has all the training you could ask for. They also have LSA in case you want to get a flight review and start flying.

St Charles is definitely the place to go for LSA, and they've been around for a long time. Not sure about training at KSUS anymore. The rentals/training there has been much less stable. If you want to get your flying juices going, just stop in to Creve Coeur airport on a nice weekend. It is a unique place.

Going to St Charles tomorrow for flight review, and did so two years ago. Thumbs up with my dealing with them.

Go to 1H0 and join the High Altitude Flying Club.

Good pricing, good guys, good planes.

Back