Anyone here play chess?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Due to an argument on another message board I frequent, the offending parties decided to settle their differences via a game of chess. A large discussion about chess ensued, and it got me wondering if anyone over here plays.

And because I am delving into javascript and php, I decided to see if I could make something work. Does anyone who plays chess want to help break it?

I absolutely suck at chess. yes, I will try your internets invention.

I was a rated player back in the 80s. What's involved?

Occasionally, I haven't played regularly since I was a kid though, got kinda boring. As for trying to break things though, Hell yeah, I love trying to break things.

Won trophies in Jr and Sr High. Used to read Bobby Fischer books. Haven't played in years.

I was recently playing chess with a friend.

I said: "Let's make this interesting".

So we quit and did something else.......

OK,

With no instructions, other than what you get on the screen(s).

www.kem-tron.com/chess/

There is a game in progress already from the other message board, but give it a go.

Yeah, don't be malicious, or try to hack anything. Just looking for game play bugs.

Yeah, you'll want to let your opponent know the game name and password. (it's the same password for both players)

Last edited:
I'd like to see the spin zone on your chess forum.
Rabid arguments that started about allergies and spin out of control in to debates about why robotic servos are subpar ever since obama got into office.

OK,

With no instructions, other than what you get on the screen(s).

www.kem-tron.com/chess/

There is a game in progress already from the other message board, but give it a go.

Yeah, don't be malicious, or try to hack anything. Just looking for game play bugs.

Yeah, you'll want to let your opponent know the game name and password. (it's the same password for both players)

I already broke it, I don't have someone to play against, ergo it will not work. Possibly add a 'challengers' or 'players' page where people can sign in who are looking for someone to play against?

I already broke it, I don't have someone to play against, ergo it will not work. Possibly add a 'challengers' or 'players' page where people can sign in who are looking for someone to play against?

I saw at least 4 people in this thread willing to play. ;)

I'd like to see the spin zone on your chess forum.
Rabid arguments that started about allergies and spin out of control in to debates about why robotic servos are subpar ever since obama got into office.

Also why I asked to be banned from the spin zone, just so I don't venture in there again.

Also why I asked to be banned from the spin zone, just so I don't venture in there again.

Smart man, that's why I never went there in the first place.

I played chess as a kid, was pretty decent. But not for a long time.

Hey Ed,

According to Putin, our commander in chief can break it because he plays chess like pigeon; tips over all the pieces, ****s on the board, and leaves. :D

Disclaimer: Not meant to be political. That's why his name was omitted.

I self exile from that place, lest I get sucked into way too time consuming arguments.

I'll give it a go.

I have started a game between Jim (me) and Not Jim
name of the game and password is supernovicegetsschooled
(I am the super novice)
If anyone wants to play, sign in to resume that game. Once I have an opponent, I will delete this post, I guess?

OK - the click to move is not working for me (chrome browser). The pull down to select start and end of move is working for me, but the password to confirm move is not working. I am cutting/pasting password - it says it is incorrect. Maybe I typed it wrong on the registration screen? If I knew I'd need the PW for every move, I would have picked a smaller PW...

OK - the click to move is not working for me (chrome browser). The pull down to select start and end of move is working for me, but the password to confirm move is not working. I am cutting/pasting password - it says it is incorrect. Maybe I typed it wrong on the registration screen? If I knew I'd need the PW for every move, I would have picked a smaller PW...

supernoivcegetsschooled is what shows up. I changed it to

schooled

This is good to know. I will put a notice on the registration screen about needing the password for each move.

I went to start a game, typed in "Joshua" and some game simulation called "global thermonuclear war" came up. Pretty cool.

So I still can't click to move.
I used the pull down to move C2 to (typed in) C4. Typed password, confirmed move, piece disappeared.

ALso, the previous page where you can ask for an opponent, the text and (i would guess) submit button are cut off before the end with no way to scroll down.

What browser/OS are you using? I've had others testing on IE/Chrome/FF on XP/win7/win8. Also screen resolution size?

So I still can't click to move.
I used the pull down to move C2 to (typed in) C4. Typed password, confirmed move, piece disappeared.

ALso, the previous page where you can ask for an opponent, the text and (i would guess) submit button are cut off before the end with no way to scroll down.

I think I replicated the issue. If you manually enter your move, you have to preview move - then confirm. If the board doesn't show your move before hitting confirm, there will be problems.

Last edited:
I am FastEddieB over on RedHotPawn.com. Current rating is 1870.

Free level available - extras (more simultaneous games, Ladders and Tournaments) available for $40/year. Well worth it IMHO.

If anyone wants to challenge me there, let me know - I have my challenge settings restricted so I can control my game count.

Back