Anyone here based at Hefner in Wagner OK?

MD11Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MD11Pilot
My wife wants to move back to the Broken Arrow area and I am researching airports relatively close by. Visited Claremore and really liked it but unless something opens would have build my own hangar. It looks like Wagner has no fuel. Is this correct?

Used to live in Tulsa and am familiar with Sand Springs, Riverside and Harvey Young (that one is totally OUT). Riverside is good but just very busy.

Personal preference is a home with a hangar but just can’t seem to find anything in the area. Gundy’s was my first choice but it has gone down from what we saw the last time there. Looked at the airports over on Tenkiller but no one would reply.

I have no concrete information to add. But I learned to fly at Hefner back when it was only a grass runway so it holds a special place in my heart. I am pretty sure there is (or was) fuel on the field, but I can't find that reflected anywhere outside of google maps/street view images.

Hefner is a decent airport, and consequently is where i landed after proposing to my wife while flying over her familys lakehouse/dock on Ft Gibson Lake.

Check out Haskell (2k9) as well, they have a 3,700' runway (as well as a parallel grass strip) and really vibrant EAA chapter with lots of activity in the warmer flying months. They are currently building more hangars as we speak. Only downside is that it's currently daylight operations only, and no Instrument Approaches that I'm aware of. Only a 15 minute drive from BA (versus 40-45 to Hefner-Easley).

Sandridge Airpark (east of TUL) might have some property, if a grass strip suits your fancy. Gundys and Airman Acres around Owasso as well.

Man I wish BA had their own airport. Hard to believe the 3rd largest city in the state doesn't have its own airport.

Last edited:
I periodically fly a doctor owned Bonanza to Idabel, 4O4.

Back