Anyone heard from JD?

Was JD ever really here or was that just a character he was playing? ;)
Within those posts lies the beginnings of a good screen play!

Truthfully, I'm sorry that was the case. No one should ever feel compelled nor the need to carry on in such a way. I enjoyed what I thought was a different kind of input from one who had earned the right to say so more than most.

It inspires me to be proud of the fact I'm a worthless, unknown peon with nothing but a big mouth to my credit. :)

Within those posts lies the beginnings of a good screen play!

Truthfully, I'm sorry that was the case. No one should ever feel compelled nor the need to carry on in such a way. I enjoyed what I thought was a different kind of input from one who had earned the right to say so more than most.

It inspires me to be proud of the fact I'm a worthless, unknown peon with nothing but a big mouth to my credit. :)
Geez, Ken - we're really gonna have to stop agreeing like this ... we have reputations to think of! Well said.

Don't know what Jesse's PM said but betting good money I'd agree with it.

suffice it to say that I'm a bit saddened - I tend to take everyone at face (or type?) value...

Wait...I just want to be clear on this. Am I the only one who thought that man was head and shoulders above most? I liked his articulate straight shooting. Seemed like a genuine class act to me.

Wait...I just want to be clear on this. Am I the only one who thought that man was head and shoulders above most? I liked his articulate straight shooting. Seemed like a genuine class act to me.

Alas, it would appear that he was in fact a complete fraud. But who knows? :dunno:

Alas, it would appear that he was in fact a complete fraud. But who knows? :dunno:

Let's be fair. There was an accusation of him being a fraud and he has not defended himself of that charge. But that being said I also know there were some holes in his story from my personal knowledge that made me stop and question some of the claims he was making. At this point I remain cautiously skeptical.

Can somebody enlighten those of us who are not in the know? The "jist" of it can be extrapolated from the above; however, some of us (i.e. me) are consumed by curiousity.

Thanks,

Chris

IMO it would be somewhat unlikely for JD to be all that he claimed. I read most of his posts on both boards.

Let's be fair. There was an accusation of him being a fraud and he has not defended himself of that charge. But that being said I also know there were some holes in his story from my personal knowledge that made me stop and question some of the claims he was making. At this point I remain cautiously skeptical.

Good point... It's not right for me to do so. But it does look that way from my vantage point. I'll leave it at that.

For those unfamiliar with JD, suffice it to say that after a public post here by a member of an organization of current and former Special Operations Forces personnel regarding a couple of public posts JD had made suggesting JD had SOF experience, JD stopped posting here. If someone wishes to post anything they hear from or about JD that does not violate either the PoA RoC or any rights JD has, please feel free. However, I would remind folks to be cautious in making statements which could be considered derogatory about JD or any other current/former POA member, and I think that saying that he was a fraud could be so interpreted unless the person saying that has evidence that meets legal standards of proof to support his contention.

'Nuff said.

JD....was that cowboy pilot? If so, damn that sucks because I too thought he was the real thing. Even if I did not always agree with him I respected him...or at least the person portrayed by him.

For those unfamiliar with JD............

'Nuff said.

Ron,

Thanks, that makes sense.

I thought there was more to the story.....something like him really being a 13 year old kid or something along those lines:D . I was getting visions of a grander scheme.

Chris

PS There is nothing wrong with 13 year old kids; however, if the person in question was one it would have been funny. That's why I asked the question.

PS There is nothing wrong with 13 year old kids; however, if the person in question was one it would have been funny. That's why I asked the question.
Heck, had that really been a thirteen-year-old kid spouting some of those comments and ideologies, I'd say we need to track this kid down as he's future presidential material! :D

Ha! You know your an old fart when you remember Lady Malibu! :)

For those unfamiliar with JD, suffice it to say that after a public post here by a member of an organization of current and former Special Operations Forces personnel regarding a couple of public posts JD had made suggesting JD had SOF experience, JD stopped posting here. If someone wishes to post anything they hear from or about JD that does not violate either the PoA RoC or any rights JD has, please feel free. However, I would remind folks to be cautious in making statements which could be considered derogatory about JD or any other current/former POA member, and I think that saying that he was a fraud could be so interpreted unless the person saying that has evidence that meets legal standards of proof to support his contention.

'Nuff said.

JD was a liar and a fraud.
I exposed him when he claimed to have been in the Falklands pulling me and my colleagues out of the water after we were sunk on Sir Tristram.
At the time I knew of no US special forces on the islands, and my subsequent research has confirmed this.
I am very happy to state that JD was an absolute fraud and I have the facts to back up my assertion.
There were many other inconsistencies in his posts, but this one is for sure.
Stephen.

Will anyone get Ron to post a picture of his legs again? :D

Wasn't that contingent upon Diana wearing some sort of uniform? Darn! That scenario is so old I can't remember the "Only if you" factor. Or whom the other party.

HR

Bonanza: The Management Council would be very grateful if you could please forward your research to us to add to our own.

For everyone else who missed it: My comments on the CP UserID

Ha! You know your an old fart when you remember Lady Malibu! :)

You know..the red board was a lot of fun back then. I especially enjoyed the chats... I can remember marathon chat sessions lasting well into the night...I guess I'm getting to old to stay up that late any more.:dunno: :(

I thought there was more to the story.....something like him really being a 13 year old kid or something along those lines:D . I was getting visions of a grander scheme.

Naw, that would be Tom D. , not Desjardin. ;);):)

JD was a liar and a fraud.
I exposed him when he claimed to have been in the Falklands pulling me and my colleagues out of the water after we were sunk on Sir Tristram.
At the time I knew of no US special forces on the islands, and my subsequent research has confirmed this.
I am very happy to state that JD was an absolute fraud and I have the facts to back up my assertion.
There were many other inconsistencies in his posts, but this one is for sure.
Stephen.

Thank you Stephen. I know I'm only a golden retriever and all internet persona's are just so many hurtling electrons. But, I like to think that as a tiny community (pilots) we can be real persons.

I realize many of us are very different in how we relate in real life compared to our net persona's but, I like to think that is a matter of communication styles versus issues of substance.

You know..the red board was a lot of fun back then. I especially enjoyed the chats... I can remember marathon chat sessions lasting well into the night...I guess I'm getting to old to stay up that late any more.:dunno: :(

I also remember those nights,
Bootsie, Moxie, MAJ, Sam DeFazio, Tommy Zecha, John Larurance, speed, you, me, yes even old B.K. Peshak. It was fun, even if it was clunky, and drop you off line sorta fun.

but ol user 50 is still here, but it ain't the same..AOPA or should I say the internet isn't the same, any kid with the price of a computer can come in and be any one they want to be, and be the expert on any subject they like.

I reasently left AOPA due to the few folks that set the attitude of the web page, as long as AOPA excepts that arrangement of spam can rules, and anyone who disagrees gets beat up and their e-mail addfress fill with hate mail, is not where want to be.

Anyone who still goes there can copy and paste this, because I will not be back. The AOPA forum webpage has become something I do not want to be part of any more. AOPA has an expanse of information and I'll not quit the organization because I still use many of the features of the member section. namely the weather and flight planning

This posting has no refelection on this page, or it's administration. I post this here due to the subject of the thread, and so those who post here will know why they don't see me over there anymore.

Tom D.

If that was a slam on me you are waisting your time.

Why are you feeling slammed? It happened, all part of the internet experiance and of fond memories.

For all who may not know what this is about; it is a past moment. I hold NC19143 in the highest regard for his very real contributions to GA. As I've said before,Tom contributes real value here, I come just to flap my gums.

Why are you feeling slammed? I have a slight case of paranoidia latelyIt happened, all part of the internet experiance and of fond memories.

For all who may not know what this is about; it is a past moment. I hold NC19143 in the highest regard for his very real contributions to GA. As I've said before,Tom contributes real value here, I come just to flap my gums.

Me too

You are a gent (if a somewhat crotchety one) Tom! I didn't mean to slam, :( just a friendly poke in the rib with a cyberfriend from way back. ;)

Bye the way, I finally got to try Chilliwack's pies in '05. WOW. Except everytime I've been there the weather has sucked for flying. Will be up again this June for a weekend and I'll try again.

Turns out my business partners family split into the Pacific Northwest clan and the New England clan. For a week we will be honorary Ferraro's for the big reunion in Vancouver then we board for an Alaska cruise. Jean and I have wanted to see the Alaskan glaciers as a 'life list' item and now we get to do it! What is our on-shore excursion??? A Beaver-on-floats trip over the galciers and to a riverside lodge for lunch - can't wait!

G'night, it's getting late on this side. :)

You are a gent (if a somewhat crotchety one) Tom! I didn't mean to slam, :( just a friendly poke in the rib with a cyberfriend from way back. ;)

Bye the way, I finally got to try Chilliwack's pies in '05. WOW. Except everytime I've been there the weather has sucked for flying. Will be up again this June for a weekend and I'll try again.

Turns out my business partners family split into the Pacific Northwest clan and the New England clan. For a week we will be honorary Ferraro's for the big reunion in Vancouver then we board for an Alaska cruise. Jean and I have wanted to see the Alaskan glaciers as a 'life list' item and now we get to do it! What is our on-shore excursion??? A Beaver-on-floats trip over the galciers and to a riverside lodge for lunch - can't wait!

G'night, it's getting late on this side. :)

That cruise sounds like fun, we are leaving for Ak in the month of May, we are being tourists for the first time, driving up the AlCan stopping and seeing what we please no schedule, and will spend most all summer in AK helping a friend do a little flying and return home when things get to be not fun.

Many things will change in our lives after 30 April, we will be officially retired. and all the projects will get done some day.

hollar when your around, we see if we can work out a meet. I'm in the book

I also remember those nights,
Bootsie, Moxie, MAJ, Sam DeFazio, Tommy Zecha, John Larurance, speed, you, me, yes even old B.K. Peshak. It was fun, even if it was clunky, and drop you off line sorta fun.

Tom D.

Hey .. you forgot me, Eamon, CarolT. and Lady Malibu.

;-)

Hey .. you forgot me, Eamon, CarolT. and Lady Malibu.

;-)

Hey! What about me? I stumbled into the scene in early 2000... crikes 7 years ago

Nothing like making a guy feel like chopped liver Roger :p

Cheers,

-Andrew

Yeah, I was on the forums shortly after they went online. Lurked for a while before I started posting. Was never much into the chat room thing though.
Don't forget about DougH, and JasonH. Ops, I said his name! ;)

Back