Anyone have the New Zulu.2's?

drgwentzel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kobra
Flyers,

I upgraded my GA headset plugs in my airplane to the LEMO or Panel Powered type. I hated changing batteries in flight and it's just one less thing I have to worry about.

Because of the new plugs, I had to also upgrade my original Zulu headsets to the new Zulu.2 with the panel powered plugs. Does anyone have this new Zulu.2 headset (any plug type) and if so do you notice a difference from the original? I can't test mine yet as my IA has not installed the new plugs in my airplane yet.

I was goinng to sell both of my orginal Zulu's on eBay, but I am also a flight instructor and realized that I am going to be flying in rental aircraft and will still need the regular GA plugs...therefore I'm keeping one set. If anyone wants my set original Zulu set, it's on eBay. I posted a link in the classifieds if interested.

Gene Wentzel
Cessna Cardinal RG

I bought a pair of Zulu.2 at Osh this year. I really like them. I upgrade from a set of 20 3Gs so I can't compare them to the original Zulus. One of the features I really like is the bluetooth connection to my phone. Makes it easier to call for a release and also I can listen to the music from my phone. I find them very comfortable but then again I thought my 20 3Gs were fine. I think it may be a function of my size ( 6'4') but I've never had a issue with the weight of the headset.

Back