Anyone have experience with Sling Pilot Academy @ KTOA?

Scottman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Scottman
Curious if anyone has the skinny on Sling Pilot Academy out of KTOA. Flew their Sling 2 and it sure was fun. I already have my PPL, so this is more about getting IFR/CPL/CFI etc and I hadn't thought about doing it in a LSA. They seem to have a pretty good accelerated program to get your ratings and the people seemed very nice.

The glass panel 2 seater rents out for $140/hr wet which is pretty good for Southern California.

My friend is a student there for her sport license. She loves the Sling and she loves her CFI, who, by the way, is a one-armed guy!
I have my PPL and would be interested in flying the Sling so I am trying to find time for getting checked out there.
Have another friend who has her sport license and is getting checked out in the Sling with the one-armed guy, she too is very satisfied with both plane and instructor (although she says the guy is tough, but that's never a bad thing in my book).

Have another friend who has her sport license and is getting checked out in the Sling with the one-armed guy, she too is very satisfied with both plane and instructor (although she says the guy is tough, but that's never a bad thing in my book).

I met that instructor last week. Very cool guy (but I agree... he strives for excellence).

It all comes down to the individual CFI.

Everything else in the land flight training comes in at a distant third

Curious if anyone has the skinny on Sling Pilot Academy out of KTOA. Flew their Sling 2 and it sure was fun. I already have my PPL, so this is more about getting IFR/CPL/CFI etc and I hadn't thought about doing it in a LSA. They seem to have a pretty good accelerated program to get your ratings and the people seemed very nice.
They not only have LSA. Tecnam twins are up and flying and state of the art flight simulators. I'll be getting my IFR ticket at the Academy once my plane is finished. It's no news that I rep them and I've gotten a chance to speak to just about all the CFIs there; Phil, Anastasia and Kathryn are all great. I encourage you to stop by and talk to the current students. That'll give you a better picture of what to look forward to. And you can always reach out to me. All the best!

Back