Anyone have a old NAVCOM they would be willing to part with?

neilw2

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Neil W
My #2 radio died this weekend. It's an old Narco so unfortunately it's probably not worth fixing.

Anybody out there got a 28V radio w/ nav they would be willing to sell me? I'm probably going to need to pair it with a CDI as well so if you have one of those lying around too....

Let me know how much you are looking for it, maybe we can make a deal!

Our club might have something from the upgrade of the Bonanza that might fit your needs.

Send our club secretary, Will, an email asking what radios and such we have for sale from the Bonanza. info@metroflyersclub.com

My #2 radio died this weekend. It's an old Narco so unfortunately it's probably not worth fixing.

Anybody out there got a 28V radio w/ nav they would be willing to sell me? I'm probably going to need to pair it with a CDI as well so if you have one of those lying around too....

Let me know how much you are looking for it, maybe we can make a deal!

I can vouch for these guys. They did a terrific job on my old Narco COM2 last year. Not sure about your specific model, though it can't hurt to call and ask.

I can vouch for these guys. They did a terrific job on my old Narco COM2 last year. Not sure about your specific model, though it can't hurt to call and ask.

Thanks. I called them this morning and they do in fact fix my model Narco. Hopefully it is fixable! Would be much better than buying another radio and CDI

I hope so - the 12E is a solid radio (I have an NCS812, which is a related box), and I am very happy with it.

Thanks. I called them this morning and they do in fact fix my model Narco. Hopefully it is fixable! Would be much better than buying another radio and CDI

Sounds promising!
Let us know how it pans out...
Thanks!

Just wanted to follow up and give a PIREP....

So I took the advise of @RotorDude and sent my radio to Aircraft and Avionics . After looking at it they let me know at it's current state it was not repairable.

They did sell me a used MK-12E that they overhauled previously to replace it for a very reasonable price. I have used the replacement radio a few times now and it works great.

They were a little slow to get the work done (it took about 3 weeks for them to look at it) but overall I am very happy with the level of service. Seems like a great bunch of guys who have a lot of experience with all things Narco. And I saved at least 2k if I had gone with a replacement King or equivalent. If your Narco is giving you trouble these are really the guys to call.

Hopefully I can get more than a few years out of this for my #2 radio and it will be worth it.

Just wanted to follow up and give a PIREP....

So I took the advise of @RotorDude and sent my radio to Aircraft and Avionics . After looking at it they let me know at it's current state it was not repairable.

They did sell me a used MK-12E that they overhauled previously to replace it for a very reasonable price. I have used the replacement radio a few times now and it works great.

They were a little slow to get the work done (it took about 3 weeks for them to look at it) but overall I am very happy with the level of service. Seems like a great bunch of guys who have a lot of experience with all things Narco. And I saved at least 2k if I had gone with a replacement King or equivalent. If your Narco is giving you trouble these are really the guys to call.

Hopefully I can get more than a few years out of this for my #2 radio and it will be worth it.

Sounds good, thanks for the update.
I've been very happy with the work they did on my #2 radio, which had been previously declared as "irreparable" by my local avionics shop. In fact, when my #1 GTN-750 suddenly died (in IMC!) a few weeks ago, it was that old #2 Narco that worked beautifully and saved the day for me.

Back