Anyone Good with Power Point? xpost PB

purdue1014

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a power point presentation that would advance to the next slide depending on what was clicked in the previous slide. In HS, teachers would frequently review before a test with "PP Jeopardy" which allowed one to click and view as they chose, etc., I am looking to do something along these lines....

I am trying to create some SBT lessons, and I am trying to come up with a way where my students decisions directly impact the way lesson proceeds... (Kind of along the same lines as the ASF interactive courses.)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

B

Look up Hyperlinks in Help...from PP 2002 help:
About hyperlinks and action buttons

In Microsoft PowerPoint, a hyperlink is a connection from a slide to another slide, a custom show, a Web page, or a file. The hyperlink itself can be text or an object such as a picture, graph, shape, or WordArt. An action button is a ready-made button that you can insert into your presentation and define hyperlinks for.

Hyperlink
Action button

If the link is to another slide, the destination slide is displayed in the PowerPoint presentation. If the link is to a Web page, network location, or different type of file, the destination page or file is displayed in the appropriate application or in a Web browser.
In PowerPoint, hyperlinks become active when you run your presentation, not when you are creating it.
When you point to a hyperlink, the pointer becomes a hand , indicating that it is something you can click. Text that represents a hyperlink is displayed underlined and in a color that coordinates with your color scheme. Pictures, shapes and other object hyperlinks have no additional formatting. You can add action settings, such as sound or highlighting, to emphasize hyperlinks. Use action buttons when you want to include buttons with commonly understood symbols for going to the next, previous, first, and last slides. PowerPoint also has action buttons for playing movies or sounds. Action buttons are most commonly used for self-running presentations — for example, at a booth or kiosk.
When you create a hyperlink to something other than a slide, its destination is encoded as a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) such as http://www.microsoft.com/ or file://Computer Name/Shared Folder/FileName.htm. When you create a hyperlink to a page or file on a local file system, the hyperlink destination is represented by the path to the file, such as C:\Documents and Settings\myname\My Documents\file.xls
You can create hyperlinks that are absolute links or relative links.

Another little hint for you - if you rename the PowerPoint file you create with a .pps or .ppsx (depending on which version of PowerPoint you use), you can drop it on the desktop and run it simply by clicking on it. Lot more professional looking than opening up PowerPoint first, then digging around for the file in the editor.

Good luck with it. - Russ

Another little hint for you - if you rename the PowerPoint file you create with a .pps or .ppsx (depending on which version of PowerPoint you use), you can drop it on the desktop and run it simply by clicking on it. Lot more professional looking than opening up PowerPoint first, then digging around for the file in the editor.

Good luck with it. - Russ

Thanks, Russ, I appreciate the tip!
B

Back