Anyone going from NYC/PHL area?

Mike I

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike I
Apologies if there's already a thread for this...I didn't notice it and I'm a rookie to the Air Venture sub-forum.

I've been tempted to go to Oshkosh for awhile, and it seems like this year it's actually a possibility. It's definitely late notice, but I'm hoping I can make it work.

1. Is anyone from the Northeast (NYC/PHL/BOS/DC) headed out that way, with an open seat in an aircraft or looking to carpool in my car or yours? I'm a renter, not a plane owner, so it's not economical to take a plane for a week by myself with daily minimums etc.

2. I read about some of the get-togethers, and it looks like there are plenty of things to do! How tough would it be for a first-time AirVenture attendee going by himself to stay entertained for a week?

3. Are there any whole-house rentals that are looking to fill a bed or a room? I have browsed some of the individual room listings from the Visitor's Bureau website and there are some good leads there, but I'm looking for advice of where to or not to stay. Camping is also an option.

This is the only board I'm on, so I'm not familiar with threads on the Red Board or COPA...feel free to point me that way if need be.

Thanks!

Hey Mike!

1) AdamZ and Alon are coming from PHL, but I don't know if they have space.

2) No problem at all filling the entire week! In fact, it's not enough time! Try to spend a half day in the museum, a day at the seaplane base, and go to some of the forums, visit Pioneer Airport, walk among the campers in the North 40, ....

Grant-

Thanks for the info! I'm working on a spot in a Bo going out there but it's leaving from New Hampshire...haven't tried yet to negotiate stopping nearby on the way. 4hr drive to get to a plane to fly out, but would be worth it for the chance to fly into EAA rather than drive! Good thoughts on the other things to do.

Mike as Grant said I'm flying from the Philly suburbs, I know of a pilot flying from UKT (near Allentown sort of) in a Mooney who is looking for a Pax, if you are interested PM me.

Oh, and for the record, I encourage BOTH of you to fly into OSH, not an outlying airport! Especially if you have multiple pilots aboard. LOL

Adam, will send PM, thanks!
Grant, that's a big part of the allure of going for me.

Doesn't the EAA have a ride share board? They used to.

Hadn't noticed that before but I just found it...thanks for the pointer! I've had a few kind individuals offer, so I'm trying to solidify things right now.

Adam, yes thanks for passing along my info! I spoke to him briefly this evening and it might work out with him...appreciate it!

Back