Anyone flying to Bimini this weekend MYBS

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
If anyone is flying to bimini, bahamas this weekend I could use a spare fuel filter for my boat. Its a super-common filter available at any marina or west marine store stateside for about 10 bucks. The local store here in bimini is out of them and won't have em until next week.

Apparently a bunch of people have got some bad fuel here lately and the marina is out of filters. I usually change filters annually and carry a spare - but I put my spare on as a new filter just before this trip and did not worry about carrying a spare since it was new.

Thanks
Ren

The boat runs fine under 3000 rpm but when i push it up to 3500rpm (cruising speed) it will randomly bog and hesitate, like it is starved for fuel. Its a carbureated chevy 350 small block. Fuel pump, fuel lines, carb rebuilt all less than 200 hrs ago. Been running great till I got here!

Last edited:
Dayum, wish I could help u out!

Thanks! I might have a line on one or three (the guy suggested I get two or three due to the recent reports of poor fuel quality here) via seaplane tomorrow but its not a sure thing yet. I know a lot of folks come over from S. FL for the weekend so I figure its worth asking.

My old man's buddy has a place nearby. I'll ask him to see if he has anything. If he does, I'll shoot you a PM

klaus@airlinkconnection.com. 954 247 8222. He runs a charter from Lauderdale. He's back in Maine now, but he'll know many of the pilots who make that run. Uber driver can get the part delivered to the charter pilot for cheap. In your shoes, I'd buy two or three. :)

maybe.........I'm saying maybe @Dave Theisen picks me up in the p'latus, we swing by the local West Marine-slash-liquor-store and then head the bleep on down to south bimini!

Back