Anyone ever used PassFAAExams.com?

DrPappy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DrPappy
Has anyone ever heard of these guys: http://passfaaexams.com ?

I got an advertisement from them on Facebook, and was wondering if anybody has used them for IR test prep.

So a pirep on what you did use? I'm looking for the easiest way to get my granddaughter past the written and oral. Might this be it?

Ernie

Since you asked the easiest way to get through the written...

No, but I did use sheppardair.com and worked great.

:yeahthat:

Sheppard Air will help you with the written but won't help you with the oral. The Oral Exam Guide by Michael Hayes is really good. That's what I used to prep for the oral, along with the FAAs Instrument Flying Handbook and Instrument Procedures Handbook.

Used Sheppard Air for Commercial Helicopter and all ratings in fixed wing. Great customer service and always well prepared for the written. I will tell you this, if you don't study the questions the way that they tell you too, you will be wasting your time. Good luck.

No, but I love their YouTube vids. Lots of little helpful tricks that aren't always in the FAA handbooks.

I used the dauntless software for the final studying/cram sessions a few days before and I can say with confidence it definitely bumped my score up quite a bit higher. If she has been studying or taking a ground course, this would be a good finish up to it that's test specific

Fwiw the gleim and Asa were WAY off on the new style FAA test bank for the Asel comm, CFI and FOI. You need to know the basics behind the questions.

But gleim was dead on the instrument last fall.

Fwiw the gleim and Asa were WAY off on the new style FAA test bank for the Asel comm, CFI and FOI. You need to know the basics behind the questions.

But gleim was dead on the instrument last fall.

I agree, if you use the infamous Gleim book, you are risking not understanding the actual material and only memorizing answers.

I have been told by a few people a few times (with increasing tone of utmost importance) that I "must" buy the Gleim book because it will prepare me for the test the best.
I did not fall for that and instead hit my books, the Internet and studied hard a few nights and just passed the IR written this morning with a decent 92%. If I had paid just a little more attention to the icing/de-icing chapter and the old-timey SDF approach, I could have had a 97. :) Coulda, woulda, shoulda. My own damn fault.

The point I am trying to make is: don't just memorize answers, study.

Back