Anyone else using Weather Meister ???

ferrari-tech

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ferrari-tech
My friend who owns an SR22 introduced me to this site a couple of months back.

http://www.weathermeister.com/

It takes all the data from all available weather sources and puts it together in one pretty easy to read format.

In my limited experience I have found it the easiest way to plan flights, get weather and airport info etc.

Its not a mobile app like foreflight but I like it. My friend that owns the Cirrus is a 20 year 5000 hour pilot, uses it on his I-pad before and during flights, and he thinks its the greatest thing since sliced bread :D

Anyone else have any feed back and found any draw backs ??

We use it at work along with HEMS. Select conditions within 100 miles of your airport ID and it gives you a concise rundown of everything you need. Graphical TFRs as well. I like it.

I've been using it quite a while.

Even on non-flying days I usually check in just to see what to expect for the day.

I use it, love it.

I was using AOPA primarily for weather, when they fed their website through the blender (still apparently in process) I was forced to find another source. Dropped my AOPA membership and went with Weathermeister, it's much better.

I was using AOPA primarily for weather, when they fed their website through the blender (still apparently in process) .

Aint that the truth... I was using that too. Im guessing they missed the day at computer class that taught " if it aint broke don't fix it":mad2::mad2:

What an F-job that site is now

Been using it for 5 or 6 years now. It was designed by an RV7 Builder and I got it when he first offered it. Great tool and I look at it first thing every morning to see what the day is going to be like. Don

...just subscribed. Thanks for the info...

:)

I used it for several years, and loved it, but decided the cost was almost the same as a subscription to FF, WX or GP. 'Just not enough value in comparison. If it were a bit cheaper...

First look, I like the way it is presented, might consider this one.

I've been using it since before it went paid. Love it.

But, do wish they'd update the interface just a wee bit to make it less cumbersome to enter a route. Suggested a box at the top of the page - enter identifiers in series (similar to Skyvector), hit the button, and boom ... you've got wx displayed according to whatever parameters you've set for "Route."
They responded with directions on how to enter a route (or some other similarly unhelpful advice).

I agree that the value in comparison to many other services is lacking - they're not keeping up.
But they do a great job with the visual display of quantitative information.
I'll probably renew, again. :rolleyes:

Wow...spent the weekend studying the classic Weather Flying book. Was wondering how I was going to deal with all the sources of info...so many websites and gov't agencies with good info. Seems like the NWS Area Forecast Discussion is missing...which I find VERY useful.

Any other important bits of info missing?

This site seems to solve much of the problem of navigating all over the web for weather. Excellent! (Can you tell I'm new to this?)

Anyone else have any feed back and found any draw backs ??
It's a great site. I have been using it since before Dan started charging. It is the only web site that I am willing to pay for. I just got my renewal notice and will happily pay.

I probably visit the site a couple of times a day whether I'm flying or not.

Drawbacks? Dan is a programmer by trade, but I don't think the site has seen any significant new features or capabilities in quite a while. That's disappointing because he's a clever guy and if he chose to he could certainly improve it even beyond the great site that it is now.

Along that same line, an Android app would be nice. WM works OK on my N7 tablet using a browser but using the page links is not anywhere near as convenient as using properly-sized buttons would be.

One other weakness (IMO): His "sales" page is woefully inadequate at showing potential customers what Weathermeister does. I'd encourage anyone who is curious to sign up for the two week trial. I'm speaking from personal self-interest. The more customers he gets the more likely we are to get improvements and an app!

I signed up for the 2 week trail. Really like it, have until later this week to decide to pay or not...

Do any of you use the email function? I find it very appealing but have problems getting to it on my iphone AND getting it entered in the format they want.

Wow...spent the weekend studying the classic Weather Flying book. Was wondering how I was going to deal with all the sources of info...so many websites and gov't agencies with good info. Seems like the NWS Area Forecast Discussion is missing...which I find VERY useful.

Any other important bits of info missing?

This site seems to solve much of the problem of navigating all over the web for weather. Excellent! (Can you tell I'm new to this?)

Don't forget to check out ScottD's Aviation Weather Roadmap on www.avwxworkshops.com

And it's worth spending for a 60-90 minute one-on-one training with Scott (you connect via phone and GoToMeeting). Scott does a great job of teaching how to take the different products, and apply it to the task of getting a good weather picture and making a go or no-go decision.

Been using Weathermeister for over 5 years and love its comprehensive and convenient format. Well worth the cost.

Back