Anyone else spot an A380 in the Chicago area recently?

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Robbie Culver (955)
Last week I swear I saw one over Buffalo Grove, and yesterday my wife and brother in law spotted one over Naperville. No one is doing commercial service into ORD with one....

Before you question our sanity, they are kind of hard to mistake, and when you hear it the sound is as unique as the airplane is....

All three of us are pilots and/or aviation freaks.

Can't find anything to tell us why one one would be going into O'Hare - anyone else see this or have a clue?

Robbie

...maybe
Airbus are trying to scam UAL into buying their too-big jet?

I recently;y moved offices. My old office was on the 4th floor, but do to double sized 1st and 2nd floor was really 6 floors high and in the south and east corner. I had great views of arriving air traffic and would often watch airplanes while kicking back on conference calls. But alas, my new office is on the true 2nd floor, in the middle of the building with no windows at all. It sucks! All I get to see and hear is the numb nut accross the aisle who likes to walk around while talking on his phone.

That is a long answer to say, no, I did not see the A380. I have no idea other than the Chicago air and water show as to why it would be there. Maybe a tour for the UAL folks or to just annoy Boeing.

I saw a plane while driving home last night that I think was an A380. A behemoth! It was in a landing configuration heading East into ORD. I was going to try to search for any info about them coming into ORD, but forgot. At least I know that this isn't an indication that I'm going crazy!

I saw a plane while driving home last night that I think was an A380. A behemoth! It was in a landing configuration heading East into ORD. I was going to try to search for any info about them coming into ORD, but forgot. At least I know that this isn't an indication that I'm going crazy!

Whew - Grant, thanks - we had begun to question what we saw. The one we saw over Naperville was northeast bound into ORD. No markings of any note, but unmistakably HUGE. And the engines do not sound like anything else.

At least we are going crazy in unison! :wink2:

Back