Anyone else getting tons of SPAM lately?

IK04

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
LNXGUY
My Gmail SPAM filter has been catching around 100 very similar looking emails daily.

They all look like they were typed by a six year old and contain lots of emojis. None of my many other email accounts have been bombarded like this.

Anyone else seeing this lately?

I thought this was going to be about the meat shortage... :D

I've getting more spam recently in Gmail than I am used to, but nothing even close to that volume.

The tech recruiter body shops apparently smell blood/desperation in the water, and I've been getting a dozen or so a day past my spam filter.

Getting lots of Trumpist, right wing, conservative, Republican, conspiracy theory SPAM of late......faster than I can unsubscribe.

....,and, no this is not reportable to the mods..,it’s what’s actually happening, to no fault of my own

Just the usual extortion attempts from some anonymous hacker. I just ignore it. If he really had anything incriminating on me, It'd already be trending on social media.

I get about the same amount of spam in my gmail than I always did. Not much. Maybe 3-5 per day. Usually it's insurance, or "You missed a package delivery!!", or something from the PGA. Not sure why I get spam from the PGA. I don't play golf. Occasionally something I don't consider spam gets caught by the filter. That happened today.

I'm not careful with the email address either. I use it for almost everything.

Nope. If anything the Spam filters got tighter recently on GSuite accounts.

Numerous emails from vendors going into the spam folder after significant inbound delays.

Very very tight if they’ve never emailed us before. Nearly 100% spam folder rate on the first message.

Must be a you-get-what-you-pay-for feature right now. The one non-GSuite GMail account is getting multiple phishing emails and it hasn’t been used for anything other than as a parking account for a Google Voice phone number in army least ten years.

Google must be prioritizing server farm resources for paying customers right now, would be my guess.

That or we are the only ones allowed to open tickets and be the squeaky wheels. Reverses who the customer is. :)

I use Gmail, and not Gsuite. I am not seeing unusual amounts of Spam.

-Skip

I should have said, above, that I also used plain gmail, not GSuite, and am not seeing unusual amounts of spam, in fact none today, so far.

I received a lot today since it was the National Day of giving or some such title. Even got a solicitation from a newspaper that I subscribe to to provide them with a donatation to keep “independent, local news alive”. I thought that’s what my subscription was for.

Back