Anyone else getting this? (Attn: Chris Jones!)

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Lately, I've been starting to get these warnings - I haven't done any browser or OS upgrades lately, so it's coming from either an ISP, or the host themselves:

attachment.php

Chris, this is on your site. Are you hosted with Google, or are you using any Google-supplied javascripts or something like that?

I've seen this about 4 times now, but this part is new today - After clicking "Ignore warning" I get a dialog for another confirmation. This dialog is obviously an OS-generated one, as the fake ones that are simply pop-up browser windows will look like a Windows dialog, not a Mac one:

attachment.php

Here's the link to the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page that's provided in the first dialog: http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=193.111.244.157&hl=en-us

Who's doing this, and how do I get it to stop? I'm on a Mac, so I'm not worried about malware. I just want to see the site. :mad:

Attachments

• Picture 43.png
    Picture 43.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 44.png
    Picture 44.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Lately, I've been starting to get these warnings - I haven't done any browser or OS upgrades lately, so it's coming from either an ISP, or the host themselves:

attachment.php

Chris, this is on your site. Are you hosted with Google, or are you using any Google-supplied javascripts or something like that?

I've seen this about 4 times now, but this part is new today - After clicking "Ignore warning" I get a dialog for another confirmation. This dialog is obviously an OS-generated one, as the fake ones that are simply pop-up browser windows will look like a Windows dialog, not a Mac one:

attachment.php

Here's the link to the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page that's provided in the first dialog: http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=193.111.244.157&hl=en-us

Who's doing this, and how do I get it to stop? I'm on a Mac, so I'm not worried about malware. I just want to see the site. :mad:
Doing what and you are seeing what?

Your screenshots are not visible in this thread.
I am using an iBook G4.
What is the URL for webpage are you looking at?

There are no screen shots in your post.

Not possible, it was composed and posted using an Apple computer, and they do not ever screw up. :smilewinkgrin:

Or, maybe the images are hosted at the same Apple server farm as the iPod Touch updates? :D

You've crossed the line now, Spike. You're gonna get "Steved" if you aren't careful. :rofl:

Your screenshots are not visible in this thread.

Kent, for some reason the screen shots are not viewable. I'm using FF if that helps any.

There are no screen shots in your post.

Not possible, it was composed and posted using an Apple computer, and they do not ever screw up. :smilewinkgrin:

Or, maybe the images are hosted at the same Apple server farm as the iPod Touch updates? :D

You are right. Apple computers never screw up. But Apple computer users...well.... no guarantees there :rofl::rofl::rofl: ;) ;)

Yeah, well...

I had uploaded the attachments, and then walked to a spot in the house with spotty WiFi before I finished and clicked "Post" and got "You are not connected to the Internet." I also screwed up and tried to reload before I had it firmly reconnected so I lost what I'd typed, and started over. But I still had the URL for one of the attachments in the clipboard, so I tried to use them anyway, figuring that maybe vBulletin wouldn't realize I hadn't actually posted the original thread. They were working when I posted, but apparently vBulletin is smarter than I gave it credit for and it deleted the attachments after I posted another thread. I was wondering if it'd do that... Now I know!

So, fixed.

Works fine here Kent with Firefox on WinXP.

Interesting. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

I am using Google Maps API for my 'where we've flown' map generation, but other than that it is standard PHP running Joomla. It's possible that my Joomla install has been hijacked. I'll check the Joomla stuff tomorrow.

Kent, No probs on either of those links on FF3 with Vista. You're sure you aren't posting this just to increase his hit count?:D

Kent--

That message is being generated by your browser as it is using the Google Safe Browsing system.

See Safari -> Preferences -> Security -> Warn when visiting a fraudulent website

Kent--

That message is being generated by your browser as it is using the Google Safe Browsing system.

See Safari -> Preferences -> Security -> Warn when visiting a fraudulent website

Yup!

It was added in Safari 3.2 which was release at the end of November.

Kent--

Sho'nuff, that was it. I wonder how many more browsers Google can sucker into using it.

At least it shows that Apple is being proactive towards the threat of possible future malware that might be able to affect the Mac.

Hey Kent..

Can you check my site out again and see if you get 'warned'? I found where someone had inserted an extra bit of javascript into my PHP template on the site. Avast just finally caught it tonight, so I pulled up the error console and whattdya know, I got dinged. Now to figure out how they got a snippet of javascript into my template. :(

Hey Kent..

Can you check my site out again and see if you get 'warned'? I found where someone had inserted an extra bit of javascript into my PHP template on the site. Avast just finally caught it tonight, so I pulled up the error console and whattdya know, I got dinged. Now to figure out how they got a snippet of javascript into my template. :(

Hey Chris,

I don't get it any more, at least not just now. Looks like the background changed too. :yes:

Hey Kent..

Do you still have the javascript? if so, e-mail it to me, I'm curious.

Do you still have the javascript? if so, e-mail it to me, I'm curious.

No, sorry, I just cut it out via a HTML editor. it was something like: window.noescape(%5%7%8%9%6%4%7.....). It was at least 75 characters long. IIRC, it was in the header section within its own <script></script> tags.

Avast said it was blocking access to 193.xxx.xxx.xxx 15.

FF's Error Console had a Security flag that said something like "adult.??.??.vo cannot open yahoo.com"

I'm not on a MAC.
I saw the screen shots in the original post.
And no.. I am not getting those.
I am on WinXP SP3 with IE7 and logging directly into www.pilotsofamerica.com

I'm not on a MAC.
I saw the screen shots in the original post.
And no.. I am not getting those.
I am on WinXP SP3 with IE7 and logging directly into www.pilotsofamerica.com
He was not getting these on the pilots of america website. Kent was getting these on a *different* website.

Well, Kent, I hate to say it, but the problem may lie in the attitude in the first post:

"I'm not worried about malware, I'm on a Mac."

That's the attitude that makes malware a potential issue someday. Any chance perhaps you've got a virus? They do exist for Macs.

linux_user_at_best_buy.png

http://xkcd.com/272/

The alt text on the xkcd site is "We actually stand around the antivirus displays with the Mac users just waiting for someone to ask." :rofl:

Back