Anyone else get email for other people?

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
Ok seriously, how hard is it to remember your own email address? I've had three different people with my name use my email address for things they've signed up for. First it was the guy in California who signed up for the Smithsonian museum newsletter because he was a donor. Then it was the guy in Florida who took his Ford Ranger in for service and gave my email address to them. Then yesterday I start getting emails from Job.com and think that they're spam, but no, a third me in Washington signed up on there.

First and third cases I could see their mailing addresses because I'd click on the account link to try to unsubscribe my email address. Of course, the Job.com one doesn't let me into the actual account because I don't have the password, so I clicked on Contact Us and it filled out the contact form with the guy's address and phone number. The Florida site only gave me the guy's VIN number for the vehicle he'd brought in, but luckily they had an unsubscribe link in the email.

Anyone else have to deal with this? I'm kinda surprised there are that many people with my name...

Not a lot of Aunt Peggy's out there. I did, however, get an email from someone who has done extensive research on the genealogy of the last name Peggy and who knows all about my heraldry.

Not a lot of Aunt Peggy's out there. I did, however, get an email from someone who has done extensive research on the genealogy of the last name Peggy and who knows all about my heraldry.

:rofl:

Did he have a $30mm fortune he wanted to share with you if you would help him get it into the country?

Back