Anyone Been to Stinson Airfield Patio Cafe (San Antonio, TX)?

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
We've heard they recently opened a restaurant at Stinson Field, and are thinking about flying up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

...and of course, you'll post a PIREP if you go, right?

I was at Stinson back in April, but met a friend in town for dinner and didn't visit the cafe. It's on my list of to-dos.

...and of course, you'll post a PIREP if you go, right?

I was at Stinson back in April, but met a friend in town for dinner and didn't visit the cafe. It's on my list of to-dos.

Yep, if the weather holds we shall be there in a couple of hours. I will post a PIREP.

The Mexican place that inhabited that space when I lived in SA was pretty good.

Mm mm, maybe San Antonio is out this morning.... lol

ne4ady4a.jpg

An end around is possible, but we have to back by 6 and this stuff is popping up out of nowhere.

Typical summer pattern...

Mm mm, maybe San Antonio is out this morning.... lol

An end around is possible, but we have to back by 6 and this stuff is popping up out of nowhere.

Typical summer pattern...

Which way is it moving? That doesn't look too bad unless it's moving into the flight path.

CAPE for the next six hours at SAT is close to 4000. Extremely unstable. Lifted index is also -5, another indication of large instability. Vertical convective development in these conditions will be rapid and violent. When I see this in the vicinity I will typically head for the hotel and bar to enjoy the day and night on the ground.

Last edited:
CAPE for the next six hours at SAT is close to 4000. Extremely unstable. Lifted index is also -5, another indication of large instability. Vertical convective development in these conditions will be rapid and violent. When I see this in the vicinity I will typically head for the hotel and bar to enjoy the day and night on the ground.

Agree.

What's funny is that I would launch for Iowa in these conditions without trepidation, but not for San Antonio. With weather on board it's easy to pick your way through these sorts of popcorn storms, but I can't risk one popping up over the island while we're gone. My daughter has to work at 6.

Agree.

What's funny is that I would launch for Iowa in these conditions without trepidation, but not for San Antonio. With weather on board it's easy to pick your way through these sorts of popcorn storms, but I can't risk one popping up over the island while we're gone. My daughter has to work at 6.

And FWIW, the conditions at CRP are about the same as SAT. I suggest it's Shiner time :)

Back