Anyone Been to Midcoast Regional (KLHW)

Wbauman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Wbauman
Its on Ft Stewart. Anything I need to know or just the usual Class D sevice? Plan on flying in on SAturday AM. All the reviews on Airnav are positive.

Plan on visiting my sister in Richmond Hill and this look like a nice place to land instead of Savannah.

Thanks

No, let me know how it goes, considering moving my plane there when I move to Savannah in 3 weeks.

Its on Ft Stewart. Anything I need to know or just the usual Class D sevice? Plan on flying in on SAturday AM. All the reviews on Airnav are positive.

Plan on visiting my sister in Richmond Hill and this look like a nice place to land instead of Savannah.

Thanks
I was stationed out of Hunter so been there a bunch. Normal Class D procedures. They have a couple reporting points-Fleming and Macintosh (NDB). They probably won't have you report them though. I think it was just our local procedure. It might be in the AP1 but I doubt it. Obviously approaching from the north they'll route you around R3005. If tower is closed you might here Marne Radio give you advisories over CTAF. You'll be parking just south of Base Ops/FBO. Self serve is around that area as well. Gas used to be cheaper there than SAV. Not sure anymore. It's a closer drive to Richmond Hill than SAV as well. Keep an eye out for helicopters!

Got a call from the FBO manager Charlie. Super nice guy. I dont think the weather will cooperate though. I fugured Savannah approach would vector me around the Restricted area as I will be coming from the north.

Thanks

Back