Anybody use Acronis Backup and Recovery 11?

simtech

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Simtech
On one of our CPU's to be backed up the MMS (managed machine service) will not start in services. Manually trying to start it still wont work goes right back to stopped. Because of this we obviously cant back up this CPU. If anybody has a fix, short of reinstalling the program, Id really like to hear about it.

If it's Windows 10, this patch may (or may not) solve the problem. I've read about this issues with Acronis, but I'm not really in that end of the business anymore.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016240/windows-10-update-kb4016240

For what it's worth, you may want to look at Macrium Reflect in the future. I switched to it a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. It's probably the most trouble-free piece of software I've ever used.

Rich

If it's Windows 10, this patch may (or may not) solve the problem. I've read about this issues with Acronis, but I'm not really in that end of the business anymore.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4016240/windows-10-update-kb4016240

For what it's worth, you may want to look at Macrium Reflect in the future. I switched to it a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. It's probably the most trouble-free piece of software I've ever used.

Rich

Thanks for your reply Rich! Unfortunately, and don't laugh, these are windows 2000 machines! Haha and we are stuck with Acronis too as it's what the government ordered. Ugh....multimillion dollar simulators and we get Pentium II 800 screaming fast computers and back them up with Acronis which I feel is a joke. We have had nothing but problems and they didn't even send us Acronis software. So I'm trying to find a fix.

I took the program files from another computer and installed them but I think licensing won't let it work since each computer has its own security dongle. Sigh...

Thanks for your reply Rich! Unfortunately, and don't laugh, these are windows 2000 machines! Haha and we are stuck with Acronis too as it's what the government ordered. Ugh....multimillion dollar simulators and we get Pentium II 800 screaming fast computers and back them up with Acronis which I feel is a joke. We have had nothing but problems and they didn't even send us Acronis software. So I'm trying to find a fix.

I took the program files from another computer and installed them but I think licensing won't let it work since each computer has its own security dongle. Sigh...

WIndows 2000, huh?

Rich

I dumped Acronis a few years ago. I agree with Rich on Macrium - better product, less up sell. Acronis just was too problem laden, and they charge too much for me to be a beta tester.

Back