Anybody try Kings school G1000 trainer?

Legiox

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RatherBflying
I'm really torn between Kings School and Sporty's trainer. I have heard some people say Kings is more in depth, however i like to get some peoples opinions on this. Really want to master the G1000 and overall become a safer pilot. Thanks

Try Gold Seal's online G1000 course at www.Garmin1000.com. Price is only $39 and includes a full money-back guarantee of satisfaction. There's no risk in giving it a try.

So, I am guessing no one has tried the King Course. Very interesting.

David

So, I am guessing no one has tried the King Course. Very interesting.

David

I have not -- Being a King Schools fan, I looked at it, considered it, but for $249... wow.

I can also vouch for the Gold Seal course, at least to get someone started on the G1000. To me, the rest is just a matter of playing with the screens, and the course gave me enough of the basics on how to navigate the system that I was fine.

I have no access to a G1000 airplane so none of the courses are any good. :)

David

I've used the King.

I think it was ~80% IFR ops, which really, is most of the mystique of the G1000 -- everyone can figure out how to direct-to :)

It was typical King (campy, practical, Martha's hair helmet), but it was overkill for me, even as an IFR pilot. I ended up skipping around the last half of the material. I bought it when it first came out too, at $299.

I have no experience with Sporty's, but I did think their IFR training DVDs were appalling and I haven't tried their stuff since.

I liked Trescott's book on the G1000.

I haven't looked into anything more recently than these.

The Garmin Pilot Guide and a ground power unit are really worth trying out if you have access to the plane. I think that Garmin book is pretty comprehensive if you can spend the time finding what you need, or just going trough it all on the ground.

$0.02

- Mike

Thanks for the good info Mike. I think i might try out the book you are recommending. 249.00 is alot of money and if it's mainly for IFR, i need to just skip it. I will go IFR at some point, but not for right now.

I have a KLN-94 and bought the King video for it. Also targeted the IFR audience, but I considered it money well invested.

Hope it helps

Back