Anybody have any experience with this?

Eagle I

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kat
My home airport is supposedly about to get this system:

http://www.invisibleintelligencellc.com

Now I have nothing to hide in my airplane operations, so being recorded does not necessarily disturb me, but I find the name "invisible intelligence" a bit sinister. Maybe the fact that my airport is also getting a new "security" fence has me a bit rattled. It's always been such a friendly, low-key kind of place. It seems like something weird is in the air, so to speak.

My home airport is supposedly about to get this system:

http://www.invisibleintelligencellc.com

Now I have nothing to hide in my airplane operations, so being recorded does not necessarily disturb me, but I find the name "invisible intelligence" a bit sinister. Maybe the fact that my airport is also getting a new "security" fence has me a bit rattled. It's always been such a friendly, low-key kind of place. It seems like something weird is in the air, so to speak.

"The recordings will help protect pilots, ground vehicles and airport users in the case of lawsuits and insurance claims. "

Yeah, LMFAO!!

I came up with the same idea a good 4 years earlier. Talked it over with my instructors and local pilots. They said it would be a good way to stop everyone from using CTAF. I abandoned the project then.

Looks like a solution seeking a problem (the search for ROI is on). Might benefit someone though. I believe all ATC radio traffic is recorded for use by an internal QA department anyway.

Doesn't Live ATC already record some CTAF frequencies?

And we have people here asking: "I just don't understand why you don't want to talk to xyz/tower/center/approach/etc! It makes no sense!"

I'm seriously considering removal of my txp and encoder. Seriously.

<edit: from what I can see on the website, this is another of those deals where states/feds have budget money left over that didn't get wasted, and this is one more way to waste tax dollars for a useless system. Jobs program that isn't directly govt employment but darn close.>

Last edited:
And we have people here asking: "I just don't understand why you don't want to talk to xyz/tower/center/approach/etc! It makes no sense!"

I'm seriously considering removal of my txp and encoder. Seriously.

Why would this make you less likely to talk to ATC? They're already recording all that anyway, and plenty of people at home, or services like LiveATC.net can also do it.

I consider myself a private person. I am as outraged about NSA surveillance in my life as anyone. Yet, I can't figure out why I should be bothered that anyone is recording ATC or CTAF frequencies. I'm broadcasting out over an open VHF radio from thousands of feet in the air -- I recognize that literally millions of people could receive that transmission depending on where I'm flying. I say nothing private and I expect no privacy on those frequencies.

Is it a privacy matter or a CYA-in-case-of-lawsuit matter?

I agree this is probably a case of some sort of grant money that needs to find a home (and this would probably explain the fencing, too). And I get it that people resent unnecessary government (or in this case, a private company) intrusion into their daily lives. But what I don't get is people who would jeopardize their own and others' safety rather than talk to ATC, or on the CTAF, or be recorded. Anyone who flies to or from a towered airport or uses flight following is being recorded. And I have to wonder how many in the NORDO crowd have the old GoPro running throughout their flights, which will prove a gold mine for the NTSB if they ever crash as a result of some stupidity on their part.

I consider myself a private person. I am as outraged about NSA surveillance in my life as anyone. Yet, I can't figure out why I should be bothered that anyone is recording ATC or CTAF frequencies. I'm broadcasting out over an open VHF radio from thousands of feet in the air -- I recognize that literally millions of people could receive that transmission depending on where I'm flying. I say nothing private and I expect no privacy on those frequencies.

:yeahthat:

Back