Anybody doing a bit of avionics consultancy?

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
I am working on the design of a Sandel 3500 installation in a Socata TB20GT aircraft.

Being an electronics hardware/software engineer I understand about 90% of the task, and the 3500 IM does contain outline connection info for just about all the relevant avionics this will connect to. It really is pretty simple....

But there are bits I am not sure about.

Naturally it is not easy to find avionics installation companies who want to talk in detail without doing the whole job, and the quotes I am getting in the UK are at least $10000 over the instrument cost. One US firm quoted about that much for an 8110-3. I am not interested in that.

I have drawn up the whole design but need someone familiar with the Sandel product to look over it, in conjunction with the aircraft schematics (which I have) and a list of requirements / suspected issues (which I have). I also have the IMs and MMs for nearly everything else. There are some subtle interoperability gotchas, and the 3500 IM is a little bit "generic" in some areas.

The design will most likely go to a DER for an 8110-3 / 337 approval route, but I am still learning about the options on that.

The installation will be done with the help of a good avionics installer but one whose expertise is not really on this "modern stuff".

I would pay for this informal and unofficial no-liability-whatsoever input, by Paypal. Your name will not be mentioned anywhere (unless you like the credit) :)

Last edited:
Check out Paul Sanchez on the AOPA forum...pretty sharp guy....

Back