Any XPlane experts here?

FlyGirlKHWO

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyGirl
OK, so I got XPlane 10 for Christmas. So far, I've got the basics down, but I see there are dozens of cool downloads for better scenery.

OK, I download one airport package from the Xplane community site, extract the files in my custom scenery folder, (as instructed), and then it doesn't show up when I go to that airport.

What do I do to make sure it's imported correctly?

Any tips appreciated!

OK, so I got XPlane 10 for Christmas. So far, I've got the basics down, but I see there are dozens of cool downloads for better scenery.

OK, I download one airport package from the Xplane community site, extract the files in my custom scenery folder, (as instructed), and then it doesn't show up when I go to that airport.

What do I do to make sure it's imported correctly?

Any tips appreciated!

X-Plane 9 had a setting to enable Custom Scenery - I bet its the same in X-Plane 10.

Some scenery packages require "Open Scenery X" (free) to be installed. It's essentially an object database developers use to create the airport sceneries. Double check if that's required, otherwise I'm not sure. I'm new to X-Plane as well!

Thanks, friends! I did need to download the Open Scenery, and then I went to town.
Fun!

BTW, if you don't have the free Scenic Flyer plugin, check that out. Really great when you want to fly from a chase position, you still get to see your iinstruments.

Back