Any XIO-400 Owners?

Stewartb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
stewartb
Did you get “the call?” I’d like to compare notes but probably not on a public forum.

Still a Superior fan. If my plane has to be grounded I’m pleased it’s during winter. The last time I had an engine mfg related grounding I lost a summer. Not fun.

FF7F72D9-7E60-49AD-A5FA-E020FC84CAA8.jpeg To the guys who think they know everything about the SAP engine buy-back? You don't.

My Cub had an IO-400. I spent a few hours with Scott Hayes at Superior's Dallas facility last week. Superior is a class act. I'm right in the middle of it and I don't have a bad word to say. Life goes on.

How is Superior going to make you "whole"? Full refund and you're off to find another engine?

With all due respect? Ask Superior if you want details. Or review the other thread. A couple of those guys think they know everything!

Why the secrecy? You don’t work for the company and you’re under no obligation not to voice complaints about their product.

Not secret. Just not your business. If it was? You'd know the answer!

My situation may not represent the average. Whether it does or not isn't my business.

I started a thread 79 days ago and not one person replied. But today an article hits the web and the experts come out swinging. What don't you understand?

I started a thread 79 days ago and not one person replied. But today an article hits the web and the experts come out swinging. What don't you understand?

If I didn't want to discuss a subject, you know what I wouldn't do?

Start a thread about it on the internet.

But that's just me.

My second post on this thread was made seconds after the other thread, where you were involved, was locked. It's truly amazing the amount of expertise in that other thread, 100% gleaned from a superficial press release article. I like a good discussion. I'm not a fan of BS.

This is... funny.

Reminds of a post on another forum where some guy writes about how he's got a sure-fire method for hot starting a big bore Continental. But wouldn't tell anyone what it was.

What's the point?

I’m not an expert but I’m pretty sure your plane isn’t airworthy in that picture.

I’m not an expert but I’m pretty sure your plane isn’t airworthy in that picture.

Other than a minor weight & balance issue, it looks fine to me. ;)

Since the other thread is now locked, I'll use this one to admit I was wrong about the XP400 being a parallel valve engine. Crow tastes yummy. PM sent to the person noting that I was wrong.

My knowledge of this is that one or more crank shafts (reported on the VAF forum) broke in flight. No injuries, that I am aware.

I started a thread 79 days ago and not one person replied.
You replied. Today. You did that. No one else dug this dead thread up. You did. Which would lead any rational person to believe you want to discuss it. But now you claim you don't want to discuss it and you're acting like we're the weird ones for believing otherwise. Shrug.

can someone give us newcomers to the thread an update on what the heck is happening here. I take it there was a food fight on another thread and it spilled onto this one. Are Superior engines having a recall? Did the OP have an inflight catastrophic failure? What are Superior engines? Experimental clones of a Lycoming engine?

can someone give us newcomers to the thread an update on what the heck is happening here. I take it there was a food fight on another thread and it spilled onto this one. Are Superior engines having a recall? Did the OP have an inflight catastrophic failure? What are Superior engines? Experimental clones of a Lycoming engine?

First rule in the Superior Engine recall is, we don’t talk about the Superior Engine recall.

Not secret. Just not your business. If it was? You'd know the answer!

My situation may not represent the average. Whether it does or not isn't my business.

Maybe they’ll offer you a marketing job lol

Yeah, I don’t get it, you made a thread with high res pics about how they got your plane grounded, it clearly sits ripped apart useless, you say the company is first class... but are all OPSEC about how they are making right by you and what type of first class stuff they are doing.

I’m confused.

Back