Any War Thunder Players?

Samuroot1987

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Samuroot2801
Just wondering if anyone in the PoA community has found this awesome game! Not totally sim, Well, not Realy at all sim, but its fun. If you want more of the sim fix, try F.R.B. Full Real Battles. Must use joystick. :)

I played it a good bit while it was in beta, and had fun with it, but haven't played it lately. Great graphics and the control feel is pretty good, but the actual gameplay itself was lacking for me.

Check out IL2 Battle of Stalingrad coming out soon
That'll be a blast

Looks like fun but my limited game time is spent in my dedicated tank buster.:D

DCS A-10C Warthog!

TrackIR-5, Siatek Combat rudder pedals & Thrustmaster "HOTAS Warthog" stick and throttle = badass :yesnod:

god I love starting up the A-10!

Just wondering if anyone in the PoA community has found this awesome game! Not totally sim, Well, not Realy at all sim, but its fun. If you want more of the sim fix, try F.R.B. Full Real Battles. Must use joystick. :)

I play, but haven't recently.

DCS A-10C Warthog!

TrackIR-5, Siatek Combat rudder pedals & Thrustmaster "HOTAS Warthog" stick and throttle = badass :yesnod:

Dude that's a slick setup. I've got a couple buddies that play but I don't have the patience for it.

I've played it some with a few friends at school, but I don't like flying with the mouse, and when flying with a joystick in arcade mode (which is all I have time for), you get slaughtered by all the mouse-users no matter how good you are.

Dude that's a slick setup. I've got a couple buddies that play but I don't have the patience for it.

Yes!
I haven't played in awhile due to lack of time. I hope to get back into it this winter. There's a cool iPad app (iControl DCS) that practically eliminates the need to mess around with the mouse. I can't wait to try it out. Should make things much easier in such a complex sim.

Did you know this sim is a scaled down version of the actual military trainer they developed for the USAF and Air National Guard?

With the "Warthog" joystick, after starting the APU, you actually start each engine by physically moving the split throttles from their detent to the idle position. Awesome!

Last edited:

DCS A-10C Warthog!

SHEEZ! all ive got is a X52, No pedals.

SHEEZ! all ive got is a X52, No pedals.

Yeah the pedals (with toe breaks) are great for sims that put them to good use. X-Plane, DCS A-10C, Black Shark, etc. Once you use them, you'll never go back to using a keyboard or twist-stick rudder controls.

The "HOTAS warthog" is a bit expensive.
You probably don't wanna get one unless you "really" love the A-10:lol:. (You can use it in other sims).
But once I started flipping fuel switches, the APU switch, starting engines, setting flaps, speed breaks, the auto pilot, designating targets and using the various hat switches...I was in heaven:yes:

This is the realism I used to dream about when I got my first flightsims in the 80s.

Last edited:
Back