Any Vermont guys out there

Yeti Niner Five

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Yeti Niner Five
I'm going to up there for a week on vacation near Lake Champlain. A guy can only lay around in hammock so long. Do you guys have any recommendations on aviation stuff to do/see? I'd love to rent a Cub or Citabria for a day and go sightseeing, but those types of operations are getting increasingly hard to find. Don't mind driving a bit to get to an airfield.

I'd love any advice/recommendations.

May want to pm azure she lives there and may have suggestions

Vermont Flight Academy in Burlington has a Citabria and Shelburne Flight School has a tailwheel Kit Fox LSA.

Sugarbush soaring over the hill is a nice place. Cool glider port airfield, at one time they had an LSA as well. Dunno if they still do. There was a cub on floats for instruction up by Burlington, no idea if that is still around. Ticonderoga is not worth the stop, just a ramp with a handful of planes. I'd check out sugarbush and also try and see if that cub on floats is still around.

I'm from near there.

I think the flight academy in KBTV also has a couple sea planes, that's really the ideal plane for up there.

There is also the Malone parachute club just south of KBTV if you want to jump.

Minus today, the wx has been nice.

Be sure to sample some VT beer, maple syrup, and even the vodka made from syrup and the other one made from milk.

Over all it's a cool area and I'm sure you'll have fun ether way!

Last edited:
Fly in to Basin Harbor and visit the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum.

Back