Any suggestions for a West Coast prop shop?

ActiveAir

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ActiveAir
Ugh, prop leaking grease/oil. Under TBO but well over Calendar. I know a few names, but wondered if anyone had experience with any of them. Preferably in SoCal. TIA

I like Johnson & Sons Prop in Shafter (just north of Bakersfield). I believe that they were once called Valley Prop.

Jim

Thank you. I am giving them strong consideration.

Golden State Propeller, Inc.
San Luis County Regional Airport
2741 McMillan Ave Unit E-1
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Phone: (805) 544-8356
Fax: (805) 544-7956
Email: gspinc@fix.net

They do a lot of work for the race planes, and have a long-standing positive reputation. If they give you any problem let me know and I will show up at their door - their shop is just down the street from me.

Golden State Propeller, Inc.
San Luis County Regional Airport
2741 McMillan Ave Unit E-1
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Phone: (805) 544-8356
Fax: (805) 544-7956
Email: gspinc@fix.net

They do a lot of work for the race planes, and have a long-standing positive reputation. If they give you any problem let me know and I will show up at their door - their shop is just down the street from me.

Lol. Thank you.

+1 on Johnson and Sons, they were our go-to.

Santa Monica prop did good work for us too -- are they still around? They were about 20% higher cost than Johnson+Sons but way more convenient to get a plane to SMO.

+1 on Johnson and Sons, they were our go-to.

Santa Monica prop did good work for us too -- are they still around? They were about 20% higher cost than Johnson+Sons but way more convenient to get a plane to SMO.

Santa Monica Prop is still around. They are more like almost 40% higher priced for an o/h than Johnson and Sons. Will try Johnson and Sons.

I was just in the Johson and Sons today. A group of very friendly guys. I didn't even know they are on my home field. In any case, I needed a shop to verify the low pitch angle and they did it without even charging me. How often does anyone do anything for free in aviation?!

Johnson and Sons are great and chances are they can pickup the prop. Had one done and they had a pickup close by the following week and got my prop also

Back