Any stratux pros in Vegas?

Eric Lehto

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Lombard
So I decided to spend a weekend in Vegas. Unfortunately, shortly after takeoff I noticed my stratux wasn’t feeding any data to ForeFlight. After getting myself in a situation to safely deal with it, it looks like it just randomly quit broadcasting WiFi. It’s a Raspberry Pi 3 base. Lives in the plane, I haven’t updated the SD image since I built it over a year ago. Powers up and down with my avionics master.

Ended up navigating my way to Vegas the old fashioned way. Don’t really want to navigate home the same way. I didn’t bring a computer with me, so my hands are pretty much tied.

Anyone in Vegas willing to take a look?

If the gps chip is a usb type, it may have come loose. If so, you can plug it back in. Worth a look..

My Stratux quit on me once. After a major internet search I did a re-flash of the micro SD card. Need a laptop but easy fix. I now keep a spare micro SD card in my bag. Sorry, not in Vegas

Last edited:
I think it’s a WiFi issue. Looks like a reflash of the SD card is necessary. Really wish I would have brought my laptop.

Well, I paid some exhorbitant fees for another microSD card and an adapter along with a new USB adapter. Had a friend in town. Had her bring me her laptop, kept her off public WiFi, and reflashed two cards. We’ll see if that works.

Check the USB cable feeding the power. If okay, then open the case up and check all the connections. Let us know if you have a green, amber or both lights on when powered up.

Flew home today. Stratux worked great. Reflash was what it needed.

I now have a back up Micro SD card in my flight bag....

... so you're friend came over and flashed you?

Nevermind.

Back