Any simple, fairly low tech GPS ref nav apps for Galaxy Note large phone?

docmirror

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Cowboy - yeehah!
I don't want to buy a tablet, I don't want to buy an Ipad, I don't want to buy much of anything if I can find an app that will do simple, VFR GPS referenced navigation for my Samsung SGH-1717 which is a 4.3" screen Galaxy Note(ver 2 I think). I have 32GB of storage on the ext mini-SD memory, and about 7GB avail on the phone itself.

I don't need: terrain warning, weather, rubber band, reverse course, appr plates. I just want a geo-referenced simple map, with a plottable GPS course, and the airports database for US.

Is there such an animal?

I'll give it a try, thx.

I have run Garmin Pilot, Naviator, Avilution Aviation Maps, and Avare on my Galaxy Note 3 phone (previously Moto RAZR HD), my Acer A500 10.1" tablet and my new Galaxy Note 8" tablet.

For performance/User Interface I rank them as follows:

Garmin Pilot
Avilution Aviation Maps
Naviator/Avare

GP, Avilution and Naviator will all cost about $70-80/yr with basic chart subscriptions to $140/yr with geo-referenced approach plates and airport diagrams.

Avare is pretty impressive for a free app, although the graphic quality and UI are not as good as the pay apps.

I tried AnywhereMap's Freedom App but it is basically an orphan now which is too bad, they were talking about the features I wanted for a decent price.

'Gimp

To echo...I have an IPad and a Mini running Garmin Pilot, but also have a Nexus 7 tablet with it's own built-in GPS running AVARE. I like the program. Avilution is also a good program, but AVARE is free!

It is like pulling teeth to make a flight plan in Avare. The basic Garmin Pilot is good for $75.

The best FREE app is FltPlan Go, and has Canadian charts. It is light years better than Avare.

Back