Any San Diego pilots willing to take a passenger up | And how to find flight sharing?

jconway2002

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jconway2002
Hello everybody,

I received my private certification last year just a few months before my wedding. After taking a few people up sightseeing I stopped flying, mostly due to the wedding planning taking up all my time and money. Its been over a year now and I am getting the itch again, although reluctant to drop a bunch of cash on airplane insurance and club dues at the moment. One thing I am really interested in is seeing how other pilots fly. I feel I could learn a lot and shake off some rust by being a passenger, and I think it would be fun to actually kick back and relax during the flight. If anyone is interested in bringing along a passenger, and possibly making a new friend in the San Diego area then please let me know. I am 30 and married, living in Encinitas, CA...rereading this last sentence makes me feel like I am creating a match.com profile. :no:

My second question is: what is the best way to find people willing to share flights?

Thanks everyone!

Re: Any San Diego pilots willing to take a passenger up | And how to find flight shar

Hello everybody,

I received my private certification last year just a few months before my wedding. After taking a few people up sightseeing I stopped flying, mostly due to the wedding planning taking up all my time and money. Its been over a year now and I am getting the itch again, although reluctant to drop a bunch of cash on airplane insurance and club dues at the moment. One thing I am really interested in is seeing how other pilots fly. I feel I could learn a lot and shake off some rust by being a passenger, and I think it would be fun to actually kick back and relax during the flight. If anyone is interested in bringing along a passenger, and possibly making a new friend in the San Diego area then please let me know. I am 30 and married, living in Encinitas, CA...rereading this last sentence makes me feel like I am creating a match.com profile. :no:

My second question is: what is the best way to find people willing to share flights?

Thanks everyone!

Join a local flying club.
Join the local EAA chapter.
Join the local/state pilot association.

Re: Any San Diego pilots willing to take a passenger up | And how to find flight shar

You can join Plus One Flyers or Pacific Coast Flyers at Carlsbad Airport (CRQ)

I own 172 which is currently at PCF

I wouldn't mind to take you up sometimes during my routine maintenance flights to Ramona :)

Just showing up at a GA airport helps, too. Particularly if there's an event like a pancake breakfast or fly-in that encourages pilots to linger.

Join a local flying club.
Join the local EAA chapter.
Join the local/state pilot association.

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked into some local EAA chapters and the hold monthly meetings at the airport nearby which are open to everybody. I will check one of them out.

You can join Plus One Flyers or Pacific Coast Flyers at Carlsbad Airport (CRQ)

I own 172 which is currently at PCF

I wouldn't mind to take you up sometimes during my routine maintenance flights to Ramona

Thanks sdflyer, I would def be on board to take a ride of to RNM. I was a member of PCF for a few months last year. Nice club, nice airplanes.

Just showing up at a GA airport helps, too. Particularly if there's an event like a pancake breakfast or fly-in that encourages pilots to linger.

Is there an easy way to keep track of what events may be going on at my local airport?

Back