Any recommendations for flying into Starkville, MS for a football game?

Brian Jones

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Jones
I am planning to fly to Starkville in November to see my Dawgs play the MSU Dawgs. Looking for any tips as to the best airport, getting to the game, etc. Thanks!

KSTF is your airport! It will be busy on game days but it's a few miles from the stadium. Sometimes they run shuttles from the airport to the game. I'll ask the airport manager tomorrow and see what they have planned.

KSTF is your airport! It will be busy on game days but it's a few miles from the stadium. Sometimes they run shuttles from the airport to the game. I'll ask the airport manager tomorrow and see what they have planned.
Exactly what I was looking for!

I did many years ago, flew in from Meridian MS. The one thing I remember, they get more dressed up for a college game than up North. That’s mostly referring to the ladies, but the guys also. Other than that it all worked fine, once the games outcome is known, you could make it easy on yourself & scoot a few minutes early. That’s if leaving that night.

Nothing is planned. He said most just use a taxi, uber, or know somebody in the area to pick them up. Also the airport is clipped by the stadium TFR. If you arrive or leave during the TFR you have to take off to the south and land to the north. And on big games, the airport can be really really busy.

KGTR is about 20 miles away and has car rentals on site. They charge fees for landing and what not though.

Back