Any reason to buy Oshkosh tickets now?

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
EAA has already started their marketing campaign. I did make reservations for a place to stay for my first time attending. :) But is there any reason to buy the tickets this far out?

Not IMO. I think your odds of having to cancel the trip (weather, work, health, family, mechanical) far outweigh the meager savings they offer for early purchase.

Not IMO. I think your odds of having to cancel the trip (weather, work, health, family, mechanical) far outweigh the meager savings they offer for early purchase.
True, but compared to accommodations it’s chump change.

To my knowledge there's never much point to buying them in advance unless they've improved the process to trade the receipts in for the wrist bands. You might as well buy on site. Frankly, if you're camping (either in Scholler or on field), it's trivially easy to get them at the same time you get your camping credentials.

Of course, I've not paid for either in years (this is what volunteering a couple of hundred hours each show gets you).

To my knowledge there's never much point to buying them in advance unless they've improved the process to trade the receipts in for the wrist bands. You might as well buy on site. Frankly, if you're camping (either in Scholler or on field), it's trivially easy to get them at the same time you get your camping credentials.

Of course, I've not paid for either in years (this is what volunteering a couple of hundred hours each show gets you).

You must be part of the planning/set up to put that many hours into a 7 day event every year. Sounds like a fun project, but a lot of work, too.

You must be part of the planning/set up to put that many hours into a 7 day event every year. Sounds like a fun project, but a lot of work, too.
I am. In fact, I just started on the 2022 show planning with one of my counterparts. I'll usually have 40 or so hours before I even get to Oshkosh. I'll arrive a full week before the show and start setting up because I'm in volunteer management and the volunteers start showing up in earnest then (some have been there even longer than that).

If buying earlier would get you a better camping spot it would be a good idea.
I will be in the nosebleeds no matter what. @Radar Contact hook a brotha up!

I never understood that either...when the sell tickets early. I suppose it's a way to get a little income early to pay for things. Otherwise I see no advantage and can never understand the adds to buy them early.
and for camping...same for sun n fun.... I sure do wish they had reservations, but I understand that it would be a nightmare of a different kind. Still, with 1st come 1st serve camping how is it that they let folks set up early? That just doesn't seem right to me....

I am. In fact, I just started on the 2022 show planning with one of my counterparts. I'll usually have 40 or so hours before I even get to Oshkosh. I'll arrive a full week before the show and start setting up because I'm in volunteer management and the volunteers start showing up in earnest then (some have been there even longer than that).

That’s really cool- I didn't know that. I probably should have, I’m sure you’ve mentioned it before.

Back