Any POAers at KATS/Artesia?

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Flew commercial to ABQ then drove to Artesia. Have in laws here, been coming for 25 years. Stupid me, just assumed there were mountains between Indiana and here, and no mountain training. Coulda flown! Next time.

Stopped by KATS. Heard there was a King Katmai based here. Heard Rwy 9/27 is now a taxiway. Due to winds, sounds like it can be used too.

Anyone from POA here?

I flew to Artesia often until I moved last year. They used to run a monthly breakfast. It was suspended at one time because of lack of cooks, then resumed, and then canceled again because the state of New Mexico came down hard on all airport breakfasts (required to buy food licenses). Artesia was the only breakfast in the whole state that came back, presumably because of connections with the city, who arranged the food license.

Haven't landed there yet ... have relatives in Carlsbad and drive their occasionally as they love one of the restaurants in town. They have a pretty huge fair at end of July for FFA. Juniors rodeo used to be in Carlsbad. Amateur rodeo AFTER the junior rodeo as well as the Dell City event is super serious. Buddy of mine (smoke jumper) participates in the "cowboy poker" event (bascially release a bull and last guy sitting at the table wins). He closes his eyes and takes the hit, averages $5000 for the win, but gives up about a grand in ER charges:confused::confused::eek:

Buddy of mine (smoke jumper) participates in the "cowboy poker" event (bascially release a bull and last guy sitting at the table wins). He closes his eyes and takes the hit, averages $5000 for the win, but gives up about a grand in ER charges:confused::confused::eek:

Alcohol usually helps in these games. Internally until needed externally....:lol::lol:

Back