Any Pireps on KMCO Orlando, FL

Warrior

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Warrior
I am deciding if I want to fly to MCO to pick up my daughter who is flying commercial in there in a couple of weeks.

Any PIREPS?

Thanks for any help.

Done that a number of times. If ops are to the south, expect to get vectors to a short right base and a slam dunk to 18R. Signature will take you to the terminal to pick up your daughter. But as always at big airports, you will pay for the privilege.

Done that a number of times. If ops are to the south, expect to get vectors to a short right base and a slam dunk to 18R. Signature will take you to the terminal to pick up your daughter. But as always at big airports, you will pay for the privilege.

I shoulda' dropped in on some of the bigger Signature airports when I hangared with them. NO FEES!!!

Would you come out cheaper to let her take a taxi to KISM and fly in there?

KMCO is an easy airport to fly into. They have a fair amount of GA traffic. Either FBO will get you to the Terminal to pick her up, but the last time I was there is was $65 to say hello.

KMCO is an easy airport to fly into. They have a fair amount of GA traffic. Either FBO will get you to the Terminal to pick her up, but the last time I was there is was $65 to say hello.

And Galaxy has fuel for the low low price of $8.95/gal GUARANTEED!!!!

Would you come out cheaper to let her take a taxi to KISM and fly in there?

I am also thinking of flying to KISM and maybe renting a car or using the FBO's crew car to pick her up. Interesting the 65 bucks just to say Hi at MCO.

I have never flown into a Class B but this would be at 7 or so in the evening on one of the shortest days of the year. So maybe my first Class B should be in the daytime.

I am also thinking of flying to KISM and maybe renting a car or using the FBO's crew car to pick her up. Interesting the 65 bucks just to say Hi at MCO.

I have never flown into a Class B but this would be at 7 or so in the evening on one of the shortest days of the year. So maybe my first Class B should be in the daytime.

I did my instrument check ride out of KMCO last year. It was at night, so I waited until after the push and made the short flight from KORL at around 8. No problem whatsoever, other than identifying the proper runway. The controller was even nice enough to turn up the lights to help me out.

Just flew into Kissimmee Jet at KISM a few weeks ago. No landing fee, ramp fee waived with fuel. You can either rent a car or you could have a cab pick up your pax at MCO and bring to KISM. I think I paid $45 fixed price for a cab from downtown hotel to KISM.

Back