Any PIREPs for Wilkey's Airport Cafe @ KMVN?

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
So the family (or, at lest some of those who aren't irrationally afraid of flying... :rolleyes:) want's to go on a little trip for lunch/dinner soon. I was told about Wilkey's @ KMVN, but haven't found any recent reviews; So, anyone have some insight? Other suggestions for area airport restuarants would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Yeah, I ate there last year...or the year before. We flew up for the LSA show they had at the field.

Food was good (for an airport). They had a nice salad bar and it was clean and well stocked. The atmosphere was nice. The building and restaurant are both well kept.

The restaurant was really busy that day because of all the activity going on at the field and that might have helped to improve the food.

On a typically slow day at the field? I don't know.

Last edited:
BTW...

The Airport Steakhouse @ Matoon (MTO) has relatively decent fare also. Brock and I met there for breakfast a couple of years ago. It was pretty good.

Also, Sandy's at Cape (CGI) does a nice job.

And the Airport (Airways?) Cafe at Dexter (DXE) is a good stop, especially on Saturday mornings.

Last edited:
Sunday brunch buffet draws a local after-church crowd that is so big that they set up tables in the lobby outside the restaurant. Only a few pilots. Buffet is economical, quality is okay but nothing memorable.

The airport itself is in great condition. If you want fuel you can phone the FBO to bring the truck to the ramp by the restaurant. If you want to organize a flyin for a big table, phone the airport receptionist -- she will eagerly arrange a separate room for you if you like.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I didn't know about Sandy's @ KCGI; I think that one sounds better...

Back