Any pireps for Merritt island?

rbridges

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rbridges
My wife booked a Disney cruise. Has anyone flown into Merritt island for a cruise out of port canaveral? It’s a 6 hour drive, maybe a 2 hr flight If it’s doable, anyone that can give feedback about flying/parking there?

Last edited:
I’m flying in November 20th for a cruise, so I’ll let you know if your cruise is after that.

I’m flying in November 20th for a cruise, so I’ll let you know if your cruise is after that.

I called Merritt Island and Titusville. Merritt Island is $50/day; one day waived with 20 gallons of fuel. Titusville is less expensive. One FBO said $10/day, but they offer SS fuel so it's cheaper. The other FBO said no daily parking fee if I'm buying fuel, but they only offer FS fuel. I'm prob going to go to Titusville. Longer Uber ride, but I think it will work better for me.

I called Merritt Island and Titusville. Merritt Island is $50/day; one day waived with 20 gallons of fuel. Titusville is less expensive. One FBO said $10/day, but they offer SS fuel so it's cheaper. The other FBO said no daily parking fee if I'm buying fuel, but they only offer FS fuel. I'm prob going to go to Titusville. Longer Uber ride, but I think it will work better for me.
What hotel are you staying at in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa beach?

What hotel are you staying at in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa beach?

Not sure. We're booked in early December. I guess we need to start looking. Even if we end up driving from middle Georgia, I still like to come up the night before just in case traffic is a problem. Which cruise line are you taking?

Not sure. We're booked in early December. I guess we need to start looking. Even if we end up driving from middle Georgia, I still like to come up the night before just in case traffic is a problem. Which cruise line are you taking?
Royal Caribbean. I’m booking another one for May of next year and possibly a Disney cruise for next year. I’ve been on 4 out of Canaveral, so I can answer pretty much any questions, if you have any. The Raddison Resort at the Port isn’t fancy at all, but it has a free shuttle to the port, and is in a convenient location. That’s what I have booked at the moment.

Royal Caribbean. I’m booking another one for May of next year and possibly a Disney cruise for next year. I’ve been on 4 out of Canaveral, so I can answer pretty much any questions, if you have any. The Raddison Resort at the Port isn’t fancy at all, but it has a free shuttle to the port, and is in a convenient location. That’s what I have booked at the moment.

Thanks, that's good to know.

+1 for the Raddison. We used them in April for a cruise and will probably use them again for our cruise next month. We got a great deal last time. Shuttle from Orlando to the hotel, 1 night stay, shuttle to port, and shuttle back to Orlando afterwards for 3 people for under $300. Call them and see what they can do for you. While the hotel isn't fancy, their customer service is top notch. The restaurant next door was good, and there's a McD's across the street for a quick bite in the morning if you need something.

Been a few years, but recollections are:
scenic, small, friendly, accommodating, safe, economical … good customer service at welcoming FBO.

However … things may have changed, especially pricing (as mentioned in recent reviews)
https://www.airnav.com/airport/KCOI/SPACE_COAST#c
https://www.spacecoastaviation.com/reservations/

Best to check directly with Space Coast FBO at KCOI.
Merritt Island Airport
900 Airport Road
Merritt Island, FL 32952
P: +1 (321) 453-2222

That's a bummer about the fees. My bucket list item is to fly there from Maryland. I grew up about a mile and a half south of there and went to the elementary school just north of the airport and the middle school just south of the airport. My Dad still lives in the same house. Us kids used to ride up and look in the windows of the tied down airplanes.

That's a bummer about the fees. My bucket list item is to fly there from Maryland. I grew up about a mile and a half south of there and went to the elementary school just north of the airport and the middle school just south of the airport. My Dad still lives in the same house. Us kids used to ride up and look in the windows of the tied down airplanes.

According to the lady that answered, they'll waive one night with 20 or 25 gallons. So if your just staying for a day or overnight, it shouldn't be bad. Being there 4 days and paying 200 in ramp fees is a bit much for me though.

We’ve stayed at the Radisson at least three times. Very easy and clean.

Back