Any PIREP on the Pacific Coast Aviation ANR / BT Headset?

rtk11

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
rtk
I saw an advertisement for the Pacific Coast Avionics headset. It was intriguing because it was both ANR and had Bluetooth at $299. I'm interested in them because I need an inexpensive set for passengers.

Anybody else try these headsets? And any difference between these and the Gulf Coast Avionics headsets?

OK, I'm guessing nobody's really tried these. But I needed an inexpensive headset for the family in case they wanted to fly with me. So I bought one.

I will say that the ANR feature works fine, and the sound quality is actually pretty good from the headset. The bluetooth link to the phone works well also. And despite a post somewhere on their website, there is a mono/stereo switch, though it's inconveniently placed under the batteries as a micro-switch. I suppose it's usually a non-issue, but if jumping between aircraft that have mono and stereo output, you'll be pulling out batteries to flip a switch each time.

Headset comfort is OK. I think it clamps my (big) head a bit tighter than i would like. I would be comfortable for an hour, maybe two... but not sure if I would be comfy beyond that. The cushion isn't gel and isn't as comfortable as a Bose A20, but then again, this is less that 1/3rd the price of the Bose. I can imagine the cushions getting a little sweaty with use, but they include a sock for each cushion I'm guessing for that very reason. The cord and battery box are a bit on the heavy side, so it might be more comfortable to hang the cord off the headset hook to help relieve some of the weight on the headset. But overall, for the occasional use, this was a good deal.

For everyday use, I'll stick with my QT Halos.

Back