Any pilot schools you would recommend in NYC?

ShaggyAce

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ShaggyAce
I live in Brooklyn and am researching pilot schools to attend around the city. A friend of mine recently completed ATC training at Academy of Aviation LLC on Long Island. Its like a 40 min drive from where I live but has anyone heard of this school or any others in and around the city that have good credentials?
Heres the website:http://www.academyofaviation.com/
Are their prices good?

Pretty much anything is going to be 40 (or more) minutes away. 40 minutes from Brooklyn? That has to be Republic Airport assuming the Belt Parkway doesn't have problems and isn't rush hours.

You are going to be at least 40 min to any airport from where you live. I don't know if going to jersey will be faster(probably not). I was checked out at AOA last year, but I found a flight club there that offers cheaper hourly rates to fly. There are 5 or 6 flight schools at republic you can check out. Go on the republic website and there is a link to flight training. The club I belong to at republic is a lot cheaper hourly to train in. They have approved instructors they let train in their aircraft. PM me if you want some info.

Go to Heritage Flight Academy at Islip. You won't find a better run program. Also, Islip, being Class C, is a great environment to learn in as you've got all the issues with Tower, ground and clearance which will help you get better on the radio.

You can also that the train to Ronkonkoma on the LIRR. They'll pick you up.

They're not the cheapest, but they will get you your license. The have taken many unfinished students from other schools and got them done.

Talk to Neil.

I did my training at Academy of Aviation. Nice G1000 172's, good availability. I really enjoyed the training, but it's not the cheapest option out there.

Back