Any model railroad buffs here?

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
My eldest sister lost her husband last fall and he has about $50k worth of model RR'ing stuff that she has no desire to keep around.

Anyone know where a good place to market this stuff would be?

Here are a few examples of what he has (and there's a bunch more), all German made. The locomotives are actual working models, not just static displays and the dining car has working internal lights, including lamps on the dining room tables. There are 5 of these cars, they alone were almost $15k. I'm not up to speed on "scales" (or is it "gauge"?) but the tracks are 1 7/8" center to center.

Another fine example of the old adage "the only difference between men and boys is the size of their (ahem) hands and the price of their toys."

43EF092D-F008-4B60-80EC-93A4CC06CFDC.jpeg

D836B0F5-2CBF-4CE2-A0C5-C8A3C530E7E8.jpeg

91E7EB6A-B9FF-4847-9CF8-C4CA6C05B70E.jpeg

Last edited:
Tim, I have an old friend who is heavily-involved in a very active model railroad club in the Branson area; shall I put you in touch?

Good people!

Does your sister know where she last had him? Start looking there...

(to soon?)

Those seem to be larger than O gauge. I'd guess they're 1 Gauge. The locomotives may be live steam ones.

Tim, I have an old friend who is heavily-involved in a very active model railroad club in the Branson area; shall I put you in touch?

Good people!

Yes, please! PM or text me some contact info.

I'm not up to speed on "scales" (or is it "gauge"?) but the tracks are 1 7/8" center to center.

For what it's worth, based on the track width it's probably "G" scale. I can't help with the market or where to sell them.

Back