Any Midwesterners up for lunch on the 29 Feb?

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I was gonna head out somewhere on Sunday for lunch. I have no preference which direction. Anyone want to meet up somewhere?

Some suggestions:

Sheyboygan
Valparasio
anything out west
etc!

My calendar lists Sunday of this year as March 1st, Scott. ;)

Otherwise, have fun! A bit too far of a trip for me to bother with tomorrow. Got a few other things going on.

My calendar lists Sunday of this year as March 1st, Scott. ;)

Otherwise, have fun! A bit too far of a trip for me to bother with tomorrow. Got a few other things going on.

You should buy a new calendar with all the dates on it then ;)

I know, the date is was a joke. :D I did it because I still have an analog watch and it will say the 29th on Sunday, probably until I notice the date is wrong sometime on Monday the 30th ;-)

The getting together is not though.

Last edited:
I wish I could Scott but had foot surgery this week and I'm self grounding for at least a month.

Personally I'd vote for something other than SBM I keep going there too much :)

Valpo sounds interesting, and I'm pretty sure someone could give you a ride Barry.

Thanks for the offer but right now I'm enjoying my time on Vicodin!!:D or is it this! :sleep:

KLNK would be a good choice

I'll need to talk to Leslie. She's up now working on her flight review. I'm not even current to carry passengers at the moment. KLNK would be a little far; we can't afford a 1 AMU lunch. :(

I'll need to talk to Leslie. She's up now working on her flight review. I'm not even current to carry passengers at the moment. KLNK would be a little far; we can't afford a 1 AMU lunch. :(

But there's em empty spot on your map that needs filling

Attachments

• Grant.jpg
    Grant.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 3
Ugh...If only a ittybitty 10 page paper on the locus of control in teenagers didn't exist, I'd be there...

I'll get there one of these times, sigh...:mad2:

Scott I'd be up for Morris in the AM if you're interested. See your PM for cellphone.

Ooooh! If there's a car we can go 2 miles to the "our place" restaurant, simply one of the BEST truckstop restaurant in the state.

Ooooh! If there's a car we can go 2 miles to the "our place" restaurant, simply one of the BEST truckstop restaurant in the state.
Yes, we'll have to, because the restaurant on the field is closed. :( But we'll be happy to shuttle people. I think you have our phone number too. Later is better for me (you can see when I'm going to bed), but with two hours notice we could make it as early as 9:00. Don't need more than 3 hours sleep! :no::eek:

Scott:Got the pm; Valpo is ok but at the edge of call range. Let us know when SWMB Obeyed is awake; mine is away in NYC.

Scott:Got the pm; Valpo is ok but at the edge of call range. Let us know when SWMB Obeyed is awake; mine is away in NYC.
She is leaning towards Mexican at Griffith Merrilville (05C) which is inside you cellphone range. How does meeting there at noon sound?

Ok just looked at the WX and there is lake effect snow at 05C and Valpo. While VFR now lake effect can be fickle and end up dumping lots of snow.

So how about we fall back to Morris?

I spoke with Grant and he and Leslie will drive and do a shuttle service from the airport to the restaurant for the us who fly in?

Last edited:
Cool. We'll bring two cars and a transceiver tuned to 122.8. Just include "P.O.A." when entering the pattern. :)

We had a great time. Pete wasn't able to make it due to electrical problems, but the rest of us enjoyed "R Place", only a couple miles down from the airport. Scott made friends with Mustafa, the airport cat.

Attachments

• PoA_Morris_Mar09.png
    PoA_Morris_Mar09.png
    470.1 KB · Views: 55
pete have electrical problems again? that guy has issues.

Well it was more of a self-induced electrical problem. I seem to have warmed up the plane, and taken off with the alternator part of the master switch off.... D'oh! ended up getting a jump at Campbell. Just bummed around on the way back home to Madison and the battery seems to be happy again.

We had a great time. Pete wasn't able to make it due to electrical problems, but the rest of us enjoyed "R Place", only a couple miles down from the airport. Scott made friends with Mustafa, the airport cat.
That is a good picture! Mustafa is a great cat!! He turned to look at the camera almost on cue! It was a pretty good flying day too. The winds were a little gusty but not too bad. The ride back up north was faster than I thought it would be, we had a 100knots GS the whole way. Winds at my home aerodrome were straight out of the north. A 90 degree crosswind. But the landing was easy, just slipped it in, not even exciting.

Pete sorry you could not make it and had a switch that appeared to set it self to OFFicial mode without any known human intereaction ;) It was just like magic!
smilie_mcgonagall.gif

Grant, Leslie, Bruce, good to see you guys and get a day away!

Well it was more of a self-induced electrical problem. I seem to have warmed up the plane, and taken off with the alternator part of the master switch off.... D'oh! ended up getting a jump at Campbell. Just bummed around on the way back home to Madison and the battery seems to be happy again.

Pete: It's all because you didn't call to tell me you were going and take me with you to read you checklists. :mad3: ;) :D

You couldda called me.

Darn it. I had not checked POA this weekend, but would have went. Oh well, next time.

-Nathan

Back