Any Madison, WI PoA's available?

thumperak

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Karl J. Kisser
I am a new PoA poster arriving in Madison (MSN) via commercial late on the 16th of August and will be staying at the home of friends whom are on vacation. I am trying to find a ride to Blackhawk (87Y) on the 17th or 18th of August to pick up my plane and return it to Anchorage. I left it at 87Y post Oshkosh to return to work for two weeks. I'd rather buy someone breakfast (or lunch, or dinner) and visit about flying then spend the money on cab fare to Blackhawk. Anyone available? The home I am staying at is on Sioux Trail in Monona.

Thanks,
Karl

Last edited:
Leslie and I are flying up to Lake Lawn on Saturday evening for dinner with some folks from our airport in the Chicago area. If nothing better comes up, give me a holler and we could pick you up. I think we're in a 172, but we could switch to a 182 if needed. Heck, you could join us at dinner and regale us with stories of flying to AK, since we're hoping to do that next summer!

Grant,

Thank you for the offer. Unfortunately I don't have ground transportation and I am just trying to find a ride from where I am staying out to Blackhawk airport (about 12 or 15 miles I think). Sounds like great dinner plans though!

Karl

I may be able to help out this weekend. Pm me with the details.

Pete

Wow you left you plane at 87Y? I was there and I thought that at any minute the bulldozer were going to come down the runway and start tearing it up.

Yeah Scott,

I was surprised when I got there, but I had already arranged the logistics to keep the plane there, so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. It seeems odd too, because there are quite a few nice hangers there, and no close by airfields on that side of Madison.

Karl

Back