Any KPOU pilots here?

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
Some friends of mine will be flying into KPOU this coming Thursday and be in and out for a few days seeing the area. Wondered if any of you are based there.

Not based there but spent most of three weeks there last year. Coppola's a nice estaurant as is River Station. Someone might recommend the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) but they tend to run a college schedule and might not be around during the summer. Rhinebeck Aerodrome needs to be seen! Check their calendar for the schedule of events. The Marriott Residence Inn is a fine place to stay. FDR's residence can been seen as ell. Good wine country.
IBM used to be the largest employer in the area. Their campus is right behind the Marriott.

John gave some great suggestions. I used to live just south of Fishkill. There are a number of nice restaurants in the area - some of the CIA students didn't leave ;). If it's still there, the Hudson House in Cold Spring is a nice place to eat on the river.

I haven't been through there in about 6-7 years, though last time through I could tell that IBM had cut back as it's less vibrant than it used to be. POU is a nice little airport - took my first flight lesson there.

Back