Any iOS-savvy pilots/programmers here?

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
I thought of a good app (it adds to safety of flight) to use while flying a not-so-modern-equipped aircraft. (and yes, I have searched for one and no, I have not found a good one in existence)

I have plenty of development history and experience, mostly on Windows, Unix or single-chips, just none on iOS, Mac UI or with mobile apps in general. So I am looking to close that gap by finding another pilot programmer.

I don't have a Mac. (I don't even like Macs) I don't have an iOS developer license. I got bupkis. :)
So I'd like to team up with an iOS-savvy developer to make an app. For fun. Purely for fun. If you have iOS and UI experience, let me know. If you have an iOS dev license, even better (because I hear they charge an arm and a leg for one :) )

Disclaimer: I am NOT the prince of Nigeria. :D I will NOT pay you a dime. :D You will only get the satisfaction of creating something "living". Just like other SW. And both our names will be on the app so you will become famous, chicks will be screaming and fainting every time they see you, you will feel like Ringo Starr. :D

I thought of a good app (it adds to safety of flight) to use while flying a not-so-modern-equipped aircraft. (and yes, I have searched for one and no, I have not found a good one in existence)

I have plenty of development history and experience, mostly on Windows, Unix or single-chips, just none on iOS, Mac UI or with mobile apps in general. So I am looking to close that gap by finding another pilot programmer.

I don't have a Mac. (I don't even like Macs) I don't have an iOS developer license. I got bupkis. :)
So I'd like to team up with an iOS-savvy developer to make an app. For fun. Purely for fun. If you have iOS and UI experience, let me know. If you have an iOS dev license, even better (because I hear they charge an arm and a leg for one :) )

Disclaimer: I am NOT the prince of Nigeria. :D I will NOT pay you a dime. :D You will only get the satisfaction of creating something "living". Just like other SW. And both our names will be on the app so you will become famous, chicks will be screaming and fainting every time they see you, you will feel like Ringo Starr. :D

Dev license is like $100. No great shakes.

Look at PhoneGap as an option that will get you iOS and android.

Thanks for the info, Mike.

And I am staring at the PhoneGap webpage and scratching my head trying to figure out what these kids are actually selling. Yes, it says FREE but for what? LOL The basic rules of advertisement: tell people WHAT you have. :)

Ah, thanks, didn't know that Wikipedia already had a page on it. It explains it in plain English: you get to write a webpage with JS while having access to some HW libraries. Might be worth a try. Thanks.

Back