Any Interior questions I can help

Dmendoza

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dan@DTECHAIR
My name is Dan and if you have any Interior questions or issues I will be glad to help out. I will do my best or get you in the right direction.:smile:

Dan, I've not seen you on the board before. Welcome!

Where are you located down there?

Good evening Ken, I came into POA ,oh about a year ago. I like the people here. I check in from time to time. I am located 10 miles west of San Antonio TX. Castroville Tx (KCVB) I am a pilot and A&P myself. I started up My Aircraft Interior Shop about 4yrs ago.(DTech Aircraft Interiors) I obtained a 9000 sq foot Hanger and teamed up with my partner who overhauls aircraft engines. (Rivercity aircraft engines) I like to help out when I can if it bring me business good for me if not thats fine Good for someone else. I am working on making up some "how to videos" on Interior repair for General Aircraft and will post them on my website.www.Dtechair.com. Things that aircraft owners can do but the right way!LOL Boy I see alot of wacky Interior jobs! Plastic repairs ,seats.,painting plastics,fiberglassing just some basic stuff thats fun to learn and that could save owners money. Thanks for your welcome If your ever dwn our way look us up.
Kind regards,
"DAN,the inside man"

Welcome and good to have you. I'll look forward to hearing some of you tips.

OK heres a question for you. I have grey leather seats. They are in great condition except the previous owner had (so it appears) to have re-dyed the seats. I have emailed http://www.leatherworldtech.com about removing the old dye since it has brush marks in it. They told me to use acetone and this will definately do the trick. My question is: Re-dying, does this turn out very well or is it money waisted? unbiased answer please? any tips?

note: leather world said the guy used the wrong dye/application and hence the poor job of re-dying.

Dan do you sell raw materials to DIYers, or can you rec a source?
Thanks

The wife and I are considering new window treatments for the living room. We'd like something that can both block all light (movie watching and summer) as well as let light in (warm the room in the winter). What would you recommend?

:D;)

Comanche Flight To answer your question truthfuly some factors have to known. #1 what condition is the leather in. CRACKED, WORN out,ect... #2How old are the seats? These are some things to take into conciderations. Redying can do a Great job on the seat work. YEs there is a process of application. In your case you may not have to wipe off your dye. I have no way of knowing what he used before but how we perform our leather "DYING" is realy not dying its more of a painting process that applies a elastromeric paint. YEs this stuff stretchs allow flexibility of the fabric or leather and retains color. Yes you can make your leather look fresh "so to speak" clean in appearence, but nothing beats the look,feel and smell of real fresh leather in my professional opinion. If its just looks or repairs,Depending on condition of leather, "dying" way could be most adventageous. Its done more than you think. Airliners are now going to this Idea to save money. If you are changing the Interior design ,style and color I would replace the leather. Now The link that I have provided here will send you in the right direction I have been to this companies school and use this product all the time. This is great product check it out. http://semaerospace.com/as/

I hope I have helped you on this Let me know if I can be more of assistance.

Happy Skies,

"DAN ,THE iNSIDE maN"

Thanks

Well that all depends on what we are asking for Mr Dave!, If its carpet ,fabric or leather panel boards pretty much everything you need to do an interior I have .If I dont have it I know where to get it. Plastics I order out side the house but know where to locate if required.:yesnod:
Just let me know what you need Ill see if I can help you out.
Kind regards,
"DAn, the inside man"

The wife and I are considering new window treatments for the living room. We'd like something that can both block all light (movie watching and summer) as well as let light in (warm the room in the winter). What would you recommend?

:D;)
Well Kevin Im really not a HOME DECORATOR so to speak but I will give it my best shot!Unless it has wings!. :yikes:They do make these solar window screens as anternative and they look sharp and save you money :aureola: check out the link below I use them on my house and there great. Dont know how they would do on an a aircraft though,yet!:D

Solar Window Screens deflect the sun's heat and glare before it hits your windows, significantly reducing the heat gain in your rooms. By eliminating heat gain through your window and door openings with Solar Screens – your Air Conditioner works less, and you (the consumer) reduce your electric bill by as much as 50%.
http://www.sunbloxsolarscreens.com/

regards,
"DAn ,the inside MAn"

Well Kevin Im really not a HOME DECORATOR so to speak but I will give it my best shot!Unless it has wings!. :yikes:They do make these solar window screens as anternative and they look sharp and save you money :aureola: check out the link below I use them on my house and there great. Dont know how they would do on an a aircraft though,yet!:D

Solar Window Screens deflect the sun's heat and glare before it hits your windows, significantly reducing the heat gain in your rooms. By eliminating heat gain through your window and door openings with Solar Screens – your Air Conditioner works less, and you (the consumer) reduce your electric bill by as much as 50%.
http://www.sunbloxsolarscreens.com/

regards,
"DAn ,the inside MAn"

Dang, you really are the man!
Thanks!!

sorry I answered your question below getting used to the posting process!Hope this will help You out

Thanks

AirTex Interiors (http://www.airtexinteriors.com/) sells material in bulk. They will provide a sample catalog upon request. And they also provide the required paperwork with the material.

I've bought from them and found their prices were very competitive.

Back