Any hunters?

JB1842

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Josh
So this time of the year, the hunting bug hits. Deer is the big one, but I'm getting back into waterfowl this year. So my dilemma is...I still have a few weeks of vacation to use, and extra money in my pocket. So do I use my time and funds to fly or hunt? Oh, and if anybody has some private land they aren't using and would like to let me borrow it, I'll trade in some labor or whatever for its use.

Well, the best water fowling is when the weather is the worst, so fly on the pretty days, hunt on the nasty ones.

So this time of the year, the hunting bug hits. Deer is the big one, but I'm getting back into waterfowl this year. So my dilemma is...I still have a few weeks of vacation to use, and extra money in my pocket. So do I use my time and funds to fly or hunt? Oh, and if anybody has some private land they aren't using and would like to let me borrow it, I'll trade in some labor or whatever for its use.

What kind of work are we talking here?

Still a student. Don't have my own plane yet.

No worries, if you're gonna kill, might as well steal too, simple enough. Heck, most owners these days would love you to steal their plane, just make sure you total it, insurance will pay them more than a buyer. Just chose ones with 'For Sale' signs on them and it'll all be good.

No worries, if you're gonna kill, might as well steal too, simple enough. Heck, most owners these days would love you to steal their plane, just make sure you total it, insurance will pay them more than a buyer. Just chose ones with 'For Sale' signs on them and it'll all be good.

Not sure I understand the connection between hunting and stealing? If your misinformed about hunting, I would kindly ask that you refrain from comparing the harvesting of an animal to that of a common or uncommon thief. If you somehow meant well, please disregard this post. But I cant really see how I could of mistaken that for anything else.

Fact: Population control is essential to any species survival.

Im a proud hunter and my 5 year old son loves deer meat. We love it!

Not sure I understand the connection between hunting and stealing? If your misinformed about hunting, I would kindly ask that you refrain from comparing the harvesting of an animal to that of a common or uncommon thief. If you somehow meant well, please disregard this post. But I cant really see how I could of mistaken that for anything else.

Fact: Population control is essential to any species survival.

Im a proud hunter and my 5 year old son loves deer meat. We love it!

Killing is killing, I have no objection, but it is what it is. No, I'm not a vegetarian, yes, I have raised(on a bottle even) my own meat animals, slaughtered and butchered them. I don't kill wild animals with a firearm (if you get to shoot a bullet at them, ehh, makes me feel like a wussie) when I can take them from my own stock or from the store. Heck, I even went boar hunting on Catalina one night with my buddy. I used a knife and his dog as there is only a short bow season and no firearms ever, the only other choice is a spear, but I used what he used which was Chopper and a knife. Great meat that was.

The human population requires thinning much more so than the wild animal population which nature has managed to regulate quite well for more millennia than we have been around. I have no objection to hunting the stupid in an effort to manage that populations though since we legislated their overpopulation with safety regulations.

If one is willing to kill for sport and meat, why would stealing a plane to do it make it worse when it benefits the owner of that property? It would sure make the hunt for birds a lot more fun and a real hunt at that. If 'Thou Shall Not Kill' can get exemptions added to it, why not 'Thou Shall Not Steal'?

Killing is killing, I have no objection, but it is what it is. No, I'm not a vegetarian, yes, I have raised(on a bottle even) my own meat animals, slaughtered and butchered them. I don't kill wild animals with a firearm (if you get to shoot a bullet at them, ehh, makes me feel like a wussie) when I can take them from my own stock or from the store. Heck, I even went boar hunting on Catalina one night with my buddy. I used a knife and his dog as there is only a short bow season and no firearms ever, the only other choice is a spear, but I used what he used which was Chopper and a knife. Great meat that was.

The human population requires thinning much more so than the wild animal population which nature has managed to regulate quite well for more millennia than we have been around. I have no objection to hunting the stupid in an effort to manage that populations though since we legislated their overpopulation with safety regulations.

If one is willing to kill for sport and meat, why would stealing a plane to do it make it worse when it benefits the owner of that property? It would sure make the hunt for birds a lot more fun and a real hunt at that. If 'Thou Shall Not Kill' can get exemptions added to it, why not 'Thou Shall Not Steal'?

Your damaged goods kid.

Your damaged goods kid.

LOL, and all the kings horses and all the king's men couldn't put me back together again...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're not the first to comment "That kid ain't right":lol: First one was probably 40+ years ago.

LOL, and all the kings horses and all the king's men couldn't put me back together again...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're not the first to comment "That kid ain't right":lol: First one was probably 40+ years ago.

Seriously though you cant logically compare hunting to stealing planes, no matter how you twist it. The "thou shall not kill" does not include hunting, its referring to people. Somehow I bet you already knew that.

I can tell you like a good discussion. I dont really have interests in an argument though. So, i'll just leave it as an agreement to disagree.

Seriously though you cant logically compare hunting to stealing planes, no matter how you twist it. The "thou shall not kill" does not include hunting, its referring to people. Somehow I bet you already knew that.

I can tell you like a good discussion. I dont really have interests in an argument though. So, i'll just leave it as an agreement to disagree.

The commandment reads exclusive of nothing... All life puts thought energy into the universe, even plants, you can hook an EEG up to one and watch it 'scream' when you cut it. It's the extinguishing of that energy, the only thing that life produces to the universe that is what is 'forbidden'. Obviously since we need to eat, there must be sanctions in that provision, so lets analyze the why and what available with regards to the final result of thought energy output. The universe is segregated into known positive and negative everything except Gravity where there is a high likelihood the opposite will be found in what we now term 'dark matter'. So likly the prohibition on killing revolves around the thought energy result of that extinguishment, ie, "Why did we kill, what were we thinking?" and the net gain or loss of positive thought energy at the end of the process. This is exemplified Biblically in the admonition to give a prayer of thanks for your meal as prayer is thought and as typically taught, positive thought. So you see, the act of hunting is in itself a neutral act, what makes it bad or good is the net outcome of positive or negative thought produced.

Similarly the same logic and reasoning can be brought to bear on the theft of a plane that leaves the the owner with happy thoughts of finally getting rid of his airplane for more than he was asking while you have the fun of using it. The net result is positive thought energy making the end result ok. Therefore, if you steal the plane to hunt for dinner and give a prayer of thanks while the owner gives his own prayer of thanks for finally being rid of that money hole, it's all good.:D

The commandment reads exclusive of nothing... All life puts thought energy into the universe, even plants, you can hook an EEG up to one and watch it 'scream' when you cut it. It's the extinguishing of that energy, the only thing that life produces to the universe that is what is 'forbidden'. Obviously since we need to eat, there must be sanctions in that provision, so lets analyze the why and what available with regards to the final result of thought energy output. The universe is segregated into known positive and negative everything except Gravity where there is a high likelihood the opposite will be found in what we now term 'dark matter'. So likly the prohibition on killing revolves around the thought energy result of that extinguishment, ie, "Why did we kill, what were we thinking?" and the net gain or loss of positive thought energy at the end of the process. This is exemplified Biblically in the admonition to give a prayer of thanks for your meal as prayer is thought and as typically taught, positive thought. So you see, the act of hunting is in itself a neutral act, what makes it bad or good is the net outcome of positive or negative thought produced.

Similarly the same logic and reasoning can be brought to bear on the theft of a plane that leaves the the owner with happy thoughts of finally getting rid of his airplane for more than he was asking while you have the fun of using it. The net result is positive thought energy making the end result ok. Therefore, if you steal the plane to hunt for dinner and give a prayer of thanks while the owner gives his own prayer of thanks for finally being rid of that money hole, it's all good.:D

If I wasnt on day 12 of working 14 18hr days I would respond with something witty. But heres all I can muster.

Deer meat= nom nom nom. EOS

Leave the keys to your plane on the oil cap along with your GPS, headsets and enough cash for a 100$ hamburger.:rofl:

The commandment reads exclusive of nothing...
I've been told, by someone who should know and whose word I have no reason to doubt, that the English translation is "Thou shalt not kill"... bu the original meaning was more, "You shall not commit murder". Big difference there.

And no, it's not a big enough issue to me to learn Aramaic or Hebrew to see for myself. It does make sense, though. You know, with the fishes and fatted calves and all.

:dunno:

I've been told, by someone who should know and whose word I have no reason to doubt, that the English translation is "Thou shalt not kill"... bu the original meaning was more, "You shall not commit murder". Big difference there.

And no, it's not a big enough issue to me to learn Aramaic or Hebrew to see for myself. It does make sense, though. You know, with the fishes and fatted calves and all.

:dunno:

I don't really disagree hence my dissection of the statement for purpose rather than literalization. The issue is WHY you take the the life and the net result of the output.

General labor type stuff.

Come to MT elk season starts Saturday,99.999999% of the hunting is done on public property. I was amazed when I went back to MS a couple of weeks ago and had multiple people say they'd come to MT and hunt "if they knew somebody with land" I replied... You do. Uncle Sam owns it.

Come to MT elk season starts Saturday,99.999999% of the hunting is done on public property. I was amazed when I went back to MS a couple of weeks ago and had multiple people say they'd come to MT and hunt "if they knew somebody with land" I replied... You do. Uncle Sam owns it.

oh snap..... *turns head

Whats the out of state tag cost? What area do you suggest?

Went to Colorado about 3 years ago for elk. While I struck out, our group as a whole was very successful. I've looked into other states, but it will probably won't be until next year that I do another trip like that.

Back