Any good viewing areas at NEW?

callegro

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Callegro
I will be in the New Orleans area for a little under 3 months for work and was wondering if there were any good viewing spots or cool things to do around Lakefront Airport (KNEW).

Thanks in advance!

Someone else posted something about all of the robberies of passengers in that area. My guess is you don't want to just sit around and be a victim. In addition to the normal thuggery of NO. Good luck. I won't say anything else to prevent this from becoming spin zone material.

KNEW is a really awesome airport to fly into, the approach over the water is sweet. In the past few years they've redone the terminal and there's a diner inside I've been wanting to check out. Not sure if the terminal has a good viewing spot or not, haven't been inside.

The area around the airport itself does strike me as being pretty shady, but I've never had any issues personally, but not sure there's anything around there that you'd want to walk to. The aquarium and WWII museum downtown are both great, but you'd need to take a cab or rental car from KNEW to get there.

Last edited:
Back