Any good places to stop for a brat on field in Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Cool Places to Fly' started by Winger67, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Winger67

Winger67 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Larry
    Looking to log some cross country time so looking to make trips 50 nm from 3CK. Some Wisconsin flying for $100 brat sounds like fun. Any suggestions?

2. EdFred

EdFred Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ed Frederick
    I try not to make stops for a brat. My plane, my destination, not some snot-nosed kid's.

Oh, you meant a bratwurst...

3. Tools

Tools Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tools
    Well, not necessarily brats, but can walk to “The Hangar” or “Friar Tucks” in Oshkosh. Great joints.

The cafe in Madison’s FBO has GREAT food.

Have to catch a ride from the FBO to the terminal, but Milwaukee has good brats in there. And cheese curds of course...

And “Lone Pine” airport (I think...) had a WONDERFUL mom and pop diner.

Ok fine, hard to find any bad food in Wisconsin...

4. Winger67

Winger67 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Larry
    Thanks. Will have to fly into KOSH some day. My first time in a GA aircraft was from KDKB to KOSH back in college. I've been to Madison's Pat Obrien's Jet Room and enjoyed it! Get to watch the F-16s. Unfortunately, I'm late to the game and Piccadilly Lilly at Lone Rock permanently closed. Sounded like my kind of place.

5. sourdough44

sourdough44 Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    WI Flyer
    In these Covid times, a fair amount is messed up. I was gonna mention Lone Rock, sounds like another Covid casualty.

There are the courtesy cars scattered around. Boscobel, WI is a nice airport, cheaper fuel, last there than had 2 courtesy cars. Mineral Point & Plattville had cars.

If going soon I’d try to stay away from MSN & MKE. Watertown had walking options, not sure how much is open.

Winger67 likes this.