Any Geocashers?

I think the "muggles" may respond in less than desired ways if people try to hide boxes on airport grounds on the sly.

I've done my share. Geocaching runs into private property problems on occasion. With security areas around airports, I think it may be infeasible.

I think the "muggles" may respond in less than desired ways if people try to hide boxes on airport grounds on the sly.

I've done my share. Geocaching runs into private property problems on occasion. With security areas around airports, I think it may be infeasible.

Why not land, find the box, and leave? You must have arrived by airplane? :dunno:

You could always try geohashing too...in the plane even!

Found one in the engine cowl on an old DC 3 at T82. It had several aviation related business cards and other items in the box.

The last 2 we've attempted to find were in the middle of homeless camps. The last one was at night and the description alluded to it being under a log, my wife's buddy grabbed a sleeping homeless guy's leg thinking it was a log.

We go get one or two if we've been sedentary too long.

My wife and grandson do this a lot. That is that thing where you go find stuff and use a geographical reference to find it. I am not going to attempt to type that Geo thingy word.

We started doing the Geo thingy when on vacation in AK in 2011. rusty is correct, you can find yourself in places you really don't want to be quickly looking for this stuff.

Maybe if some people would start leaving $5's and $10's we could correctly call it a GeoCash!!!!!!

I cache. You can find me over on their forums posting under 'catfishpilot'. I mostly post in the OffTopic section.

I have to admit that my caching activities have been down lately as I've been much more involved with Ingress. Its a lot like caching but WAY less dirty as I never have to bush whack to find a portal. Plus I worry about the private property issue much less.

Ingress is more like a game and has community components that I find more satisfying. That said, geocaching is a great outdoors activity. I think there may be a thread or two on this forum about it already.

Back