Any ForeFlight experts? How do I fix the ceiling?

kicktireslightfires

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kicktireslightfires
ForeFlight keeps telling me I can't plan a flight above FL120 because that's my aircraft's ceiling, except it's not. On the Aircraft page, I go to the aircraft, then under Altitudes > Maximum Ceiling I have 15,500 entered. Is there somewhere else I need to enter 15,500 so that ForeFlight will let me plan a flight above 12,000? Thanks!

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-fP3UuHAUPvEs.jpg

SOunds like you may have the wrong aircraft profile selected. Need to go find an obscure FAA document that list the aircraft code for your specific aircraft and make sure that that is what's in your selected aircraft profile.

I'll look now and see if I can find that document. What's your aircraft?

Last edited:
SOunds like you may have the wrong aircraft profile selected. Need to go find an obscure FAA document that list the aircraft code for your specific aircraft and make sure that that is what's in your selected aircraft profile.

I'll look now and see if I can find that document. What's your aircraft?

It’s a Cessna 162 and it’s listed as C162, which is the correct code. So it has me baffled.

I can't imagine ever flight planning above 12k in one of those, anyway.

It’s a Cessna 162 and it’s listed as C162, which is the correct code. So it has me baffled.

Try deleting the "basic profile" under "Aircraft. Go out of Aircraft, then back into aircraft. Select your C 162 from your list of aircraft and scroll down to "maximum ceiling" and input your service ceiling. Then, go back into "Plan" and see if you can select the higher altitude. I was playing around with it and it did let me do it that way.

I took one to 10,500 once. Took forever. Got bored fighting the headwind.

Back